[FYI] Basic Guide to In-Ear-Canalphones (rev.4)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2010 at 9:46 AM Post #106 of 132
I am thinking of buying a new headphones but because of this post, I am now thinking of buying IEM instead. Any suggestion of what type will fit to me? Before, I used IEM but because it hurts my ears I changed it to headphones.

May 4, 2010 at 4:57 PM Post #109 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vincent01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am thinking of buying a new headphones but because of this post, I am now thinking of buying IEM instead. Any suggestion of what type will fit to me? Before, I used IEM but because it hurts my ears I changed it to headphones.

If fit is a concern, you should look for something with a small nozzle and probably works well with foam tip.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CastanonY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am not much of an IEM fan. I prefer speaker. I read somewhere that IEM is more dangerous to your ear than speaker, is it true?

It is the volume (loudness) that is the most dangerous. Use it properly and IEM is as safe as speaker. Likewise, they can both be dangerous if used wrongly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by E. Cavanaugh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is a useful information. I just have a questions to ask. Is there an IEM that might be good in bass functioning? What is it?

If you are looking for bass heavy IEM, try FutureSonics Atrio or Sennheiser IE8. There are also a few other bass oriented IEM as well, try searching the forum.

Jul 7, 2010 at 4:08 AM Post #110 of 132
I heavily edited the wiki post with this information to make it more easy to read. I hope I didn't mess anything up, and thanks for all the great information!

Jul 7, 2010 at 6:40 AM Post #111 of 132
Thanks for the correction. I will probably adapt your edition to future update of the guide, credit will be given of course
smile.gif

Quote:
I heavily edited the wiki post with this information to make it more easy to read. I hope I didn't mess anything up, and thanks for all the great information!

Nov 27, 2010 at 12:57 PM Post #113 of 132
Is there a way to clean the wax clocked up in the nozzle if there are no removable filters?
I am asking for my v-moda vibes (but for future iems too) which  nozzle filter is non removable and metallic. The holes are too tiny. Are there any kind of tools?

Nov 27, 2010 at 1:23 PM Post #114 of 132
If it is metal mesh, no tool is going to clean it up. However, there is still one way: Get some pharmacy grade peroxide solution (H2O2 in 3% or 5% solution), pour a little bit in a small container and dip only the metal mesh part of the nozzle in. Let the metal mesh submerges for 3~5 minutes and allow the magic to happen. Dips the metal mesh into water to rinse, then dry it up with tissue (you might need to repeat the whole process several times before all the wax is cleaned). Be sure that the nozzle is always facing down so no liquid will go into the housing. You should place the IEM in a dry place for several days just to be sure that all the water will dry up.before use.

Jan 18, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #116 of 132

Quote:
A question, what are your thoughts on Custom IEM's vs. Universal IEM's?

The one biggest benefit about custom is the fit. They might sound good, but generally not several times better or proportional to the the price increment. Most good budget custom seems to be right around the same ballpark as top end universal. If you don't have fit problem with universal IEM, they generally are bigger bang for the buck. Depends on your luck, custom can be easy or messy to order and make, which is why you will need a bit of faith in the process, and a lot of patience. I have heard demo of a few top custom and they are all great, but not enough to persuade me to jump into custom yet, especially considering their price.

Apr 18, 2011 at 1:05 PM Post #118 of 132
Clieos. According to your experience with iems and their tips. I have read your guide and read that when using fomies, before you insert in your ear canal, you should twist them in order to be minimized, so they will later expand and seal in your ear canal.
I have the q-jays and i like the stock fomies. My concern is that, while i twist and squeeze the foam tips, i stress the cable near the tiny stress reliefs. This move to insert the iem might in long term ruin my q-jays?

Apr 18, 2011 at 1:49 PM Post #119 of 132
You can always move your fingers around to roll the foam tip instead of rolling the whole housing. As long as the foam is compacted, you can do it anyway you see fit.

Apr 18, 2011 at 2:10 PM Post #120 of 132
Just use common sense, anything can break if you are too rough with it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back