Fxt90 vs ba200
Mar 16, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:
Scratch that...from what I'm reading the EPH-100 is amazing except on treble..heard it can be muddy.

Also slightly excessive bass and warmth.
Quote:
The FXD80 are very close in term of soundsignature with punchier bass and more highs, so best ulight pgrade willbe FXD80. Other IEMs like Harmen Kardon AE are very close again because they are rich and sharp sounding and sharing the same warmth, brightness and crispness with punchier bass.

?? 
Never heard the FXT90s to be similar to the FXD80s. The 80s have a much cooler tonality, and I got the feeling the OP wanted something just as warm and lush as the 90s, hence why the BA200s were brought up.

Mar 16, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #17 of 22
if you are replacing the FXT90 why not carefully crazy glue the broken piece back on, nothing to lose and everything to gain, at least try it before spending $ you might not need to spend

Mar 16, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:
if you are replacing the FXT90 why not carefully crazy glue the broken piece back on, nothing to lose and everything to gain, at least try it before spending $ you might not need to spend

Because when the guy sat on my headphones as I was unpacking my gym bag, the ear tube piece was nowhere to be found....I looked for a while...

Was quite pissed off.

Mar 19, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:
Ah wait! The BA200 is over ear only? That would bug me. I don't like the wire to loop around my ear, that gets to me lol

Can we get further confirmation on this? I've been gravitating toward the BA200 (as the great TwinXY is aware), but I have trouble dealing with having to loop the wire around the ear. In simple layman's terms, are these really "over ear only?"

Thanks!!!

Mar 19, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #21 of 22
Edit - ignore this post as I had thought my prior post got lost in the ether. If I could figure out how to delete it, I would.  Thanks,

I'm concerned about a comment from a few posts up that these are over-ear IEMs only? that doesn't work for me - and I am seriously looking at the BA200s as my "next step up" phones. Can someone pls confirm one way or another - in layman's terms if possible?

Thanks!!

Jul 12, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #22 of 22
Quote:
Man, this is confusing. I basically would want IEMS just like the fxt90, but maybe with a better punch in the bass...

Sorry to chime in on an old thread, but I'm also in between the 90 and 200. If you want 90 sound with more bass than shouldn't you look at the FXZ100/200? They're literally the FXT90 + a dedicated woofer...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back