Fxt90 vs ba200
Mar 16, 2013 at 2:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Neijii

100+ Head-Fier
Unfortunately my fxt90 broke today. I love them, but I'd always consider something else. I have them for about a year.

How does the ba200 compare? They're close in price so maybe it's worth the extra $20...unless you guys recommend something else.

Mar 16, 2013 at 2:34 AM Post #2 of 22
Less treble, a bit less lush, bit note thickness and smoothness are relatively simple. Always though the TDKs did soundstage and details better as well.

FXT90s are still a crazy good deal for the price though, don't get me wrong. The BA200s in this case are just exceptional.

Mar 16, 2013 at 4:06 AM Post #3 of 22
This was just the thread i wanted to see. Thanks for the insight.

Can possibly get  the FXT90 on sale for $70 (hopefully again soon ), so that sort of puts the BA200 at nearly double the price. hmmmm Diminishing returns, or do the BA200 destroy any thought of that?

also the description you gave is that the JVC or TDK?
thanks

Mar 16, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #4 of 22
Quote:
This was just the thread i wanted to see. Thanks for the insight.

Can possibly get  the FXT90 on sale for $70 (hopefully again soon ), so that sort of puts the BA200 at nearly double the price. hmmmm Diminishing returns, or do the BA200 destroy any thought of that?

also the description you gave is that the JVC or TDK?
thanks

You have to realize that the discrepancy between something, like say, the W4s and W4R is already a $50 increase in price....to use that to put
things to perspective, $70 becomes mere pennies. Diminishing returns get thrown out the window when it comes to <$200 IEMs nowadays. 

If you're one for treble or are on a stricter budget, FXT90 would still be adequate. Hate using numbers, but if the JVCs were a 8.4/10, the TDKs would be a 8.6-8.7/10. Mainly comes down to soundstage improvements and increased detail/micro-details.

The descriptions were regarding the TDKs. inline has a pair I think you could get his to try out. I just bought another one along with the CKN70s. Missed the FXT90 Future shop sale here :frowning2:

Mar 16, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #5 of 22
This does help. Exceptional is nice.

the $70 fx90, is that for Canada only?

The only thing with the fx90 is sometimes, I felt like a note would pierce my ear with certain songs. I loved them though. Wish I can just get the tube piece that cracked off fixed lol

Mar 16, 2013 at 4:14 AM Post #6 of 22
Quote:
This does help. Exceptional is nice.

the $70 fx90, is that for Canada only?

The only thing with the fx90 is sometimes, I felt like a note would pierce my ear with certain songs. I loved them though. Wish I can just get the tube piece that cracked off fixed lol

Ah, then the BA200s would definitely be up your alley then.

Yep Canada only. 

Mar 16, 2013 at 4:23 AM Post #8 of 22
Reverse channels and earpieces, straight down isn't too much of a hassle.

If this is a real serious problem the IE800s....well they have a similar signature and performance. Less linear and rounded-off stage/presentation though. Micro-details....would have to AB directly but possibly could go to the BA200s from what I can remember.

Mar 16, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #15 of 22
The FXD80 are very close in term of soundsignature with punchier bass and more highs, so best ulight pgrade willbe FXD80. Other IEMs like Harmen Kardon AE are very close again because they are rich and sharp sounding and sharing the same warmth, brightness and crispness with punchier bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back