Futuresonics Atrio M5
Apr 24, 2009 at 1:12 PM Post #2,086 of 2,359
Congratulations Volntitan!

You'll enjoy your Atrio. It is great for long listening sessions. I don't know what your taste in music is, but every Atrio needs to listen to a Massive Attack CD at least once. Nice bass...

Apr 24, 2009 at 5:51 PM Post #2,087 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by volntitan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I posted a newbie review. Sound is incredible. I need some recommendations on some easily obtainable tips I can try to see if I can get even better!

I use the shure soft flex with shure yellow foams cut out in the center and placed in the soft flex. This gives the comfort of the soft flex, with the isolation of the foams.

Amazon.com: Shure EA406A Soft Flex Replacement Sleeves (Gray) for Shure E3c, E3g, E4c, E4g, E5c, I3, I4c, E3c-n and E4c-n models - Assorted Pack: Electronics

Amazon.com: Shure EA120 Replacement Foams (Yellow) for Shure E3c, E3g, E4c, E4g, E5c, I3, I4c, E3c-n and E4c-n models - 10 Pair: Electronics

Apr 24, 2009 at 6:00 PM Post #2,088 of 2,359
I'm happy with Futuresonics customer service. After seeing thestevo's post about getting his Atrios replaced under warranty, I decided to look into it. I had the same problems with the base degrading and the memory wires detaching from the base.

I sent an email, and they said they would just replace them for the newer model. So I sent them in, and it looks like the new ones are on the way back. Hopefully they get back here soon, as I've been missing them while using my pair of marshmallows instead.

Apr 25, 2009 at 2:09 AM Post #2,089 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by trickywombat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congratulations Volntitan!

You'll enjoy your Atrio. It is great for long listening sessions. I don't know what your taste in music is, but every Atrio needs to listen to a Massive Attack CD at least once. Nice bass...

Especially "Angel".
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by jyxent /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm happy with Futuresonics customer service. After seeing thestevo's post about getting his Atrios replaced under warranty, I decided to look into it. I had the same problems with the base degrading and the memory wires detaching from the base.

I sent an email, and they said they would just replace them for the newer model. So I sent them in, and it looks like the new ones are on the way back. Hopefully they get back here soon, as I've been missing them while using my pair of marshmallows instead.

Awesome! Good build quality and good customer service, I have truly nothing to worry about.
icon10.gif
Hope you get your pair back soon.

May 5, 2009 at 12:35 PM Post #2,091 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my m5s this week, but unfortunately there was a small opening on the the shell of the right earphone (with visible residue of the an adhesive). Being the very picky person that i am, I am going to return these for a new pair. >_<.

I received mine from Handheld Audio today and under the plastic shell, where the black rubbery bendy bit is (the bit where L and R are printed) there is a small 'join' and a little bit of what looks like adhesive - It's so minute though, that it's quite hard to see unless you look carrefully. I'm unsure whether to send them back, as I am quite excited about my new purchase!

I am really struggling with getting them in my ears the right way - i think I just need to calm down a bit
L3000.gif

I'm using the big foamie staht came with it, and my player of choice is the Cowon D2 DAB 16GB

What a thread, by the way - Spectacular - I'll be reading this all day!

May 5, 2009 at 1:53 PM Post #2,093 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by uberburger101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome to the club.
wink.gif

Thanks, bud - Great review of the Atrio's in your sig

I see from the piccy that yours have the wee bit of 'join' or whatever it is that i was trying to explain

Great news - they're staying in my ears

May 5, 2009 at 2:34 PM Post #2,094 of 2,359
Thanks for the compliment. It was buried in this thread somewhere so I decided to link it in my signature. My music taste has changed somewhat since that review, but still surprises me everytime I put them on. It really reminds me of a Denon sound signature. Still trying to find an IEM with the ESW10JPN/RS1 signature. Of course with the kick-ass deep bass of the Atrio.
tongue.gif

May 5, 2009 at 4:27 PM Post #2,095 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by gammonflaps /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received mine from Handheld Audio today and under the plastic shell, where the black rubbery bendy bit is (the bit where L and R are printed) there is a small 'join' and a little bit of what looks like adhesive - It's so minute though, that it's quite hard to see unless you look carrefully. I'm unsure whether to send them back, as I am quite excited about my new purchase!

I am really struggling with getting them in my ears the right way - i think I just need to calm down a bit
L3000.gif

I'm using the big foamie staht came with it, and my player of choice is the Cowon D2 DAB 16GB

What a thread, by the way - Spectacular - I'll be reading this all day!

If you find the smaller of the Atrio foamies is a better fit, I have 10 new pair here on hand and will sell them to you very cheap, since I don't have any use for them (got them for my Westone 3s, but not a good fit). PM me if it turns out you can use them.

May 5, 2009 at 5:29 PM Post #2,097 of 2,359
Tough call. When I had the Atrios, I used the Shure yellow foamies, cheap and ugly, but they really were a good match with my ears, and good SQ too. Tip choice is a personal issue, in terms of fit and comfort, and sound quality too. Some use olives, for example, and I tried those, but kept going back to the Shures.

May 5, 2009 at 6:16 PM Post #2,099 of 2,359
volntitan-
They sure do. They are a little tight getting back off, but I've never had any problem. Another thing to try with the Shure Olives and Atrios is to put them on 'reversed'. The wider, flat end is what goes in your ear this way. You compress them, put them in your ear, and when they expand some find that they create an even better seal this way. Experiment.

May 5, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #2,100 of 2,359
Thanks CN...

Would you say that those would be the best ones to get? I don't want to order a whole mess of different tips, so this is kind of a one shot deal...at least until the wife lets me get another shot....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back