Futuresonics Atrio M5
Apr 10, 2008 at 1:54 AM Post #1,411 of 2,359
Bummer -- My fear is that the M5's may be a dying breed. I talked to Road Dog earlier about ordering and they said that they spoke to Futuresonic today and there is now no estimated date for them to be back in stock. Does not sound good.

Apr 10, 2008 at 1:58 AM Post #1,412 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Air-Cushion Headphones - HA-FX66B

...a good start for your research.
wink.gif

Awwww dangit! I thought I was on to something
biggrin.gif

Apr 10, 2008 at 3:10 AM Post #1,413 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by rtimmel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bummer -- My fear is that the M5's may be a dying breed. I talked to Road Dog earlier about ordering and they said that they spoke to Futuresonic today and there is now no estimated date for them to be back in stock. Does not sound good.

M5's should be back in stock towards the end of this month.

Apr 10, 2008 at 4:46 AM Post #1,414 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael M /img/forum/go_quote.gif
M5's should be back in stock towards the end of this month.

Are you sure? That is what Road Dog's site said (I think it was May 3rd), but when I called to order a pair, they said they were stopping pre-orders because "they didn't want to have to refund a bunch of orders."

Apr 10, 2008 at 5:35 AM Post #1,415 of 2,359
they won't disappear, they are one of the most unique iems on the market and well received of all universals i know.

they do everything well and the only thing that would make them better is a harder less vibration prone inner surface on which the music can bounce.

they will be back trust not me, but the sponsor of soundearphones.com!

Apr 10, 2008 at 12:56 PM Post #1,416 of 2,359
Is the (supposed) shortage in M5's in particular, or does it involve M8's as well? Did I get the last pair Road Dog had?

Apr 10, 2008 at 8:11 PM Post #1,418 of 2,359
Does anyone have any pictures of the Atrio M5/M8 being worn? I remember one comparison review of a few IEMs (including the Atrio M5s UE SF5 Pro, Q-JAYS, some Shures and a few others) with pictures of them being worn, but I can't find that .pdf now.

Apr 10, 2008 at 9:27 PM Post #1,420 of 2,359
Thank you, dfkt. Do you know what tips are being used there (not sure if that's your own photograph or not)? With the stock bi-flanges, my M5s don't insert anywhere near that far and the seal is really poor.

Apr 10, 2008 at 9:34 PM Post #1,421 of 2,359
I took that pic with the bi-flanges... and my ear canals aren't large by any means. The Atrios sure are the most picky ones concerning getting the right seal, but I managed to get it right after a while. You might want to try different angles, don't try to push them in straight from the side of your head.

Apr 11, 2008 at 12:48 AM Post #1,422 of 2,359
wow, you sure you don't have large canals? or at least deep canals? amazing. dfkt, you have surprised me yet again... i found them harder than most iem to situate but... oh yes and they don't work with the shure triflange at all for me - too bad.

they work well with some tips but are very dark with the olives. the biflange and you got them in very well sounded the most balanced to me- damn you got those in well.

but mine stuck out much further

Apr 11, 2008 at 3:15 AM Post #1,423 of 2,359
I've been having a problem with the shure olives getting stuck on my Atrios. Anybody figured out a good work-around for this? I almost damaged one of the little tubes that you slide it on. Sometimes they get really stuck and it makes me very nervous. Ideas?

Apr 11, 2008 at 7:11 AM Post #1,425 of 2,359
My olives only get semi stuck on the left channel. The right channel I can slip the olive off or on at will and it's easy. Not a big deal to me. I had to have these replaced once before and Future Sonics was really easy to deal with. Currently I've switched back to the double flanges and I'm enjoying the sound a little more than I have with the olive tips but it's harder to get a good seal without having to readjust every once in awhile.

Just for fun I hooked these up to an old iBasso T1 amp with bass boost turned on and played some house music... I started to feel sick from bass. Incredible but not enjoyable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back