Futuresonics Atrio M5
Mar 6, 2008 at 5:12 AM Post #1,381 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by razoruk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn you all..... I didn't want to spend this much on a set again.

My last pair - Shure E2's I bought when I registered here 2 years ago. I didn't believe in paying more than $15 for anything to listen to music on a portable player until a guy at work let me try these goofy looking things that I later found out to be Grado SR-60's.

That changed everything. I had to have something that sounded good and was more portable than those great sounding, but not so fashion concious things.

Here I am 2 years later and my trusty shure's have gone missing....something about teenage kids and mp3 players.....

Anyway I was looking for some more Shure's (was debating E3c's or E4c's or the Superfi 5 Pro) and stumbled back over here for reviews and other options.

Then I stumble upon this thread and after reading through almost every post, finding as much info as I can I decided to go with the Atrio's here.

Anyway, they arrive next Monday and I am looking forward to them as much as I anticipated the Shure's arrival.....

Yeah these are awesome. I just got mine and I love them. Im gnna let them burn in a bit I hear the;y get even better! christmas all over again. I too had the Shure E2c for about 2 years, I sold them. Now I got the M8's. I am happy. Now i am debating getting an amp.. not sure yet... anyways sorry about your wallet and good lluck!

Mar 6, 2008 at 11:15 AM Post #1,382 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^so in my position an amp wouldn't really be worth it/.? well what should I invest in then? $150, a pair of atrio m8, and a 30gb ipod 5th gen

Sure, an amp would help with an iPod, I believe. For $150 you can get a nice Corda Headsix (like I did
wink.gif
).

Mar 6, 2008 at 3:02 PM Post #1,383 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sure, an amp would help with an iPod, I believe. For $150 you can get a nice Corda Headsix (like I did
wink.gif
).

True. But i feel its a greater investment to sell these and get some customs
biggrin.gif
such as live wires or super freq's

Mar 6, 2008 at 6:09 PM Post #1,386 of 2,359
^ so you are saying it is important to have an amp??? I have a 5th gen ipod. not classic

I dont want hissing, I dont really notice much right now. but your saying it would increase with customs?

Mar 6, 2008 at 8:49 PM Post #1,387 of 2,359
"I decided to go with the Atrio's here.

Anyway, they arrive next Monday and I am looking forward to them as much as I anticipated the Shure's arrival....."

Enjoy your new Atrios. IMO, they destroy my Shure E3Cs. I've read that the more expensive Shures can be quite good, but for someone coming from E2s, the Future Sonics should be quite satisfying.

Mar 6, 2008 at 9:17 PM Post #1,388 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ so you are saying it is important to have an amp??? I have a 5th gen ipod. not classic

I dont want hissing, I dont really notice much right now. but your saying it would increase with customs?

I think they meant that customs (FreQs) are alot more sensitive than the Atrio M5s and as such will hiss alot more than the Atrio M5s. An amp will get rid of the hiss for a sensitive IEM like the FreQs.

Mar 7, 2008 at 4:31 PM Post #1,389 of 2,359
If you buy an amp now, you'll be able to use it with any set of headphones you end up with in the future. I think it is a wise investment if you are as addicted as the rest of us.
wink.gif

Mar 7, 2008 at 5:48 PM Post #1,390 of 2,359
i would say rather than get rid of, will lessen the hiss. amps hiss as well, not a source i have heard that does not hiss somewhat even when hooked up to an amp. if you cannot get used to the fit of the atrio, then sell them but again, if heart beats bothered you before the customes... they will certainly bother you with them.

Mar 7, 2008 at 7:28 PM Post #1,391 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i would say rather than get rid of, will lessen the hiss. amps hiss as well, not a source i have heard that does not hiss somewhat even when hooked up to an amp. if you cannot get used to the fit of the atrio, then sell them but again, if heart beats bothered you before the customes... they will certainly bother you with them.

My ears got used to the sound so I don't hear the heart beats anymore. Im calm and the sound is amazing.

I will have to talk to some SuperFreq users about the hissing when directly connected to an ipod. I dont know. I have to send my M8's back because one of the stems is messed up :frowning2: i like the warranty on these though.... I might just keep mine.

Mar 20, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #1,392 of 2,359
Bump, I'm surprised people have stopped posting in this thread.

Mar 21, 2008 at 12:56 AM Post #1,393 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by robojack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bump, I'm surprised people have stopped posting in this thread.

Do you have a particular question, or will any old post do?
cool.gif

Mar 23, 2008 at 7:30 AM Post #1,395 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by thenvk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can some one help,

I am looking for these M5s and dint find a single place they are available. can some one tell me where they are available?

The best and cheapest place available is the ebay seller "roaddogonline" I believe.

You have to offer a lower price around 130 and they will accept it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back