Futuresonics Atrio M5
Feb 23, 2008 at 10:15 PM Post #1,337 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Er, sweetwater.com?

My bad...I was just looking at a map of Stillwater, Ok. before I answered....brain fart!

Feb 23, 2008 at 10:40 PM Post #1,339 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
=/ just checked sweetwater.com I can't find them under headphones...

Found it under a different category under in-ear-monitors...

That's where I bought mine from.

Feb 24, 2008 at 12:21 AM Post #1,340 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay fellow Atrio lovers. I have done extensive testing today, and I am telling you that the Shure yellow foamies (they are very short) are the best foam tips for the Atrios, bar none. And I have them all (Comply, FS, Ety, Shure olives) here on hand. They fit perfectly in my ears and in the Atrios (the end of the Atrio sound tube just reaches the end of the sleeve tube). I tried an old pair of FS foamies, and they are much too bulky to me, and too soft, always feel like they are falling out/unstable. Not the case with the yellow foamies. And these are the relatively small yellow foamies, not the giant Ety yellow foamies. In fact, they only come in one size, I think.

I grabbed 10 pair of Shure yellow foamies from ebay for like $12, shipped. They weren't diectly from Shure, but they work fine. They fit snugly, comfortably, and best of all, they really allow the Atrio mids and highs to come through. Listening to Bob Marley's Kaya album right now, and it sounds absolutely great through the Zune80, no amp.

My search is over. I found, at least for me, the perfect Atrio foam sleeve.

Anyone want to buy two new bags (unopened) of FS foamies (5 pair per bag)? Free shipping to CONUS via USPS regular mail. I will charge $1 less than FS, which means $29 for the two bags, shipped. PM me.

10 Pairs for $12.00, who was the seller?

Feb 24, 2008 at 1:00 AM Post #1,341 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by meusickfrek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
10 Pairs for $12.00, who was the seller?

Have to check my receipts. Someone is selling 10 pair in the For Sale (accessories) forum for $11.15 shipped to U.S. (seller is in Canada).

Feb 24, 2008 at 3:03 AM Post #1,345 of 2,359
If anyone is interested in a pack of medium Shure silicon sleeves that fit the Atrios, I'm selling a bunch. I need to get large.
rolleyes.gif

Feb 24, 2008 at 3:58 AM Post #1,346 of 2,359
And as long as we are sneaking in some sleeve sales, I have two bags of FS foamies (large and unopened, a total of 10 pair) if anyone wants them. I will sell them cheap (FS sells them for $15 per 5 pair, plus $8 S&H). I will let them go for $20, free shipping via USPS first class, within CONUS.

Feb 25, 2008 at 10:32 AM Post #1,347 of 2,359
I am buying the M5/M8. Looks like the M5's are overpriced at sweetwater so I may just go with the M8's at road dog. I went on ebay and offered $130. it will end up being (if it gets accepted) $130 + $10 tax + $10 shipping = $150. Better than the $160 on road dogs site.

Question about burn in: i have heard you have to burn these in, should I burn in with my favorite music at a lower than normal listening volume or what? pink noise??

Wish me luck !!

CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME SUPPORT ON THE EBAY THING? DO YOU THINK THEY WILL ACCEPT $130?

Feb 26, 2008 at 2:35 PM Post #1,348 of 2,359
^i bought them. The guy recountered my offer for $150 shipped.
biggrin.gif

I just need to pay for them paypal
biggrin.gif
yay

Feb 26, 2008 at 2:46 PM Post #1,349 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Question about burn in: i have heard you have to burn these in, should I burn in with my favorite music at a lower than normal listening volume or what? pink noise??

Wish me luck !!

CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME SUPPORT ON THE EBAY THING? DO YOU THINK THEY WILL ACCEPT $130?

With my first pair of M5's I just used music. With my replacement set (I broke the first one) I used pink noise and a 2 minute digital silence track. The 2nd time around they seemed to go through their changes quicker. I would recommend using the pink noise method at a volume just slightly higher than comfortable listening.

Download tracks 58 and 59 from here and loop them.

I bought mine from RoadDog, my initial offer was $120 which they refused, so I tried $130. They refused that offer as well stating that supply was low. I ended up paying $140. Start low, you can always come up from your initial offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back