Futuresonics Atrio M5
Apr 27, 2007 at 11:39 PM Post #106 of 2,359
the RSA amps seems to be the amps of portable amps, they are however well out of my price range. Thinking about the supermicro, good sound and amazing size. Would this work well with the M5's? I know that they are not as general as like the RSA, and made to work best on ER4's or something.

Apr 28, 2007 at 12:41 AM Post #107 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by mho /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ordered my shure tips few days ago from ebay.com from seller 'idealsound'. A few people here have also ordered theirs from these ppl and it comes with free international delivery. It was around £7 they are selling the tips for.

I forgot to check eBay for these! I ended up canceling my order with Amazon in favor of idealsound.

Apr 28, 2007 at 2:44 AM Post #108 of 2,359
Just another positive vote for idealsound on eBay. I just got my Shure black foam tips, and shipping only took 3 days! I got the small size, and the fit is great. -CK

Apr 28, 2007 at 3:58 AM Post #109 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone know if a set of custom sleeves for the old FS EM3s will work with the Atrio M5s? I have the soft sleeves, and tried using them with my Ety ER4P/S, no go. Hate to waste the custom sleeves, but don't like the EM3 sound any more (sitting in my closet, collecting dust). But I might want to step up to the m5s if I can sell my Vibes and PK2s, so my out of pocket is low. After trying hard, I just don't care for the Vibe sound any longer. I just need two good sets of headphones, and the Etys are fine for set #1.

I believe that they do fit, yes. You can take a look at this post here for pictures of someone else's SofterWear on their m5.

Apr 28, 2007 at 4:03 AM Post #110 of 2,359
Mine should be here on the 30th. Can't wait.

Now I'm interested in the Shure foamies. How do I know what size to get?

Apr 28, 2007 at 9:56 AM Post #112 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpkoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

wait until you get your M5's and try on their foamies. See what size you are then order shure ones.

Apr 28, 2007 at 12:04 PM Post #113 of 2,359
Hi I'm new around here and thought that folk around here could help me out!

since I bought my iRiver H140 a couple of years back, believe it or not I've stuck with the stock headphones...primarily becasue they get stuck in my bag or pocket a lot and I don;t have to worry about damaging them too much as they aren't exactly an expensive bit of kit...

but lately I've become more bothered about the quality of sound I'm listening to and the sound separation....I guess 'cos I'm listening more carefully to stuff my band has recorded!

so anyways time for an upgrade! I do quite abit of travelling by air so noise isolation without a huge pair of cans on my head is important. I don;t want to spend hundreds of pounds either.

I came across the Goldring GX200 and then the Atrio M5
I know the goldring's are fairly new, but I wondered how they compare to the M5 - anyone got amny expereince of both?

the best review I found was of the GX200 was here
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showt...ighlight=gx200

these forums only mention the GX200 in passing - is that becasue they are too much at the bottom end of the market for you guys?

in the UK the M5 will cost me about twice as much as the GX200
GX200 about £50 and M5 a little under £100

any opinions and help apprecaited!

Apr 28, 2007 at 12:13 PM Post #114 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpkoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you have experience with foamies and the standard size has worked for you then I would expect the mediums will work. If you don't, I agree with mho and wait until you have your M5s since they come with 2 different sizes of foamies.

Apr 28, 2007 at 1:14 PM Post #115 of 2,359
I am so tempted to get these. I've been a V.Moda Vibe user for some time now and have been really happy with them as far as the sound goes. The design and build however, is terrible.

So, I may be ordering these soon. I'll let you guys know what I think of them in comparison to the vibes if I do.

Apr 28, 2007 at 8:38 PM Post #117 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sibling Chris /img/forum/go_quote.gif

in the UK the M5 will cost me about twice as much as the GX200
GX200 about £50 and M5 a little under £100

any opinions and help apprecaited!

I was also in this similar situation, i couldnt find much info regarding the gx200, and it seems that they are Goldrings first IEMs, so i just went for the M5's.
You will not be dissapointed with the M5, and i think that they will better than the gx200 as like you say they do cost twice the price. If you got the money to spend on the m5's then get them, no-one here has yet been disappointed with their M5 purchase.

Apr 28, 2007 at 10:27 PM Post #118 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by vii_haven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does the M5 compare to a UM2?

That is indeed the million dollar question. Seems no one has heard both the Atrio m5 and the UM2 yet...

Apr 28, 2007 at 11:20 PM Post #119 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by mho /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was also in this similar situation, i couldnt find much info regarding the gx200, and it seems that they are Goldrings first IEMs, so i just went for the M5's.
You will not be dissapointed with the M5, and i think that they will better than the gx200 as like you say they do cost twice the price. If you got the money to spend on the m5's then get them, no-one here has yet been disappointed with their M5 purchase.

thanks mho that was my gut feeling but I've no real evidence to back it up

and price is not always indicative...compare m5 to more expensive shure for example

Apr 30, 2007 at 12:57 PM Post #120 of 2,359
Just picked up a pair of M5s, and there is a guy on ebay selling them in a "best offer" auction. He has them for $159.99 buy it now, but I got a pair for $130 plus $10 S&H. Says authorized FS dealer, and a spotless feedback record (mega seller). Just search ebay to see if he has any left. He's the only one selling them, which seems weird. But at a $60 discount, who cares? I wonder if FS will drop the price (like the did with the original EM3s, from $149 to $99). Oh well, didn't want to wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back