Futuresonics Atrio M5
Dec 8, 2007 at 4:24 PM Post #1,066 of 2,359
switch them at the source.

Quote:

Originally Posted by antoniost /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks. I thought it meant inserted the Shure foam sleeve backwards, and when I tried this it was really uncomfortable and painful!
biggrin.gif

Isn't it weird to have the channels reversed, or do you switch them at your source to have them corrected?

Dec 9, 2007 at 5:10 AM Post #1,067 of 2,359
Not sure why im unable to post in FS/FT forum however I have a massive pack of 10 pairs of genuine FS foamies. 5 pairs small and 5 pairs large...I have realised I don't need extreme isolation and the bi-flanges work well for me at work. I am willing to let these go for just US$25 including postage!!! I accept paypal and they will be posted from Australia. Aussie buyers can also pay via direct deposit (will be around AUD$30). PM me if you are interested! These are selling for US$30 plus postage on FS site.

Dec 9, 2007 at 3:25 PM Post #1,068 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by navmau /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure why im unable to post in FS/FT forum however I have a massive pack of 10 pairs of genuine FS foamies. 5 pairs small and 5 pairs large...I have realised I don't need extreme isolation and the bi-flanges work well for me at work. I am willing to let these go for just US$25 including postage!!! I accept paypal and they will be posted from Australia. Aussie buyers can also pay via direct deposit (will be around AUD$30). PM me if you are interested! These are selling for US$30 plus postage on FS site.

Your only problem selling them is people use one size, so no one is going to buy both smalls and larges. It's not worth the risk of having 5 pair you can't use. Any FS phones come with both sizes, so people get to try them out first, then buy the size they need. So you might be better off selling them separately.

Dec 9, 2007 at 3:31 PM Post #1,069 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by antoniost /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks. I thought it meant inserted the Shure foam sleeve backwards, and when I tried this it was really uncomfortable and painful!
biggrin.gif

Isn't it weird to have the channels reversed, or do you switch them at your source to have them corrected?

I think the answer to your question IS reversing the tips themselves. Many folks have reported good results putting the olives on with the taper toward the base of the IEM so the square end goes into the ear. It does make a more secure seal that way, but I also found it uncomfortable (I have very small ear canals, and even the small olives are a bit too big for me).

I wear my Atrios upside down in the over-the-ear mode with the wire. It greatly reduces microphonics. I don't swap the right and left channels, though. The Atrio tubes project at 90 degrees from the base, so they are basically symmetrical and there's no real need to swap channels. It's true that the base is curved where the wires run into the driver, but that seems to have no negative impact on the fit when worn over the ears, at least in my case.

Dec 9, 2007 at 4:46 PM Post #1,070 of 2,359
you invert as well as swap left and right in order to get the atrio to fit better for some people. It needs to curve backwards (only possible when it's swapped left to right).

I heard of reversing the tips too, but i assume the over the ear method is more prominent. I found the small silicon flanges to work best for myself.

Dec 10, 2007 at 10:27 PM Post #1,072 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your only problem selling them is people use one size, so no one is going to buy both smalls and larges. It's not worth the risk of having 5 pair you can't use. Any FS phones come with both sizes, so people get to try them out first, then buy the size they need. So you might be better off selling them separately.

Okay, in the interest of helping out fellow head-fiers, I will sell the 2 sizes seperately. 5 pairs of small for US$12.50 INCLUDING POSTAGE (non-credit card paypal payments only), and 5 pairs of the large for the same price! This will be more expensive for me as it will be 2 times postage costs but thats cool, im willing to do this based on tstarn06's advice.

Dec 11, 2007 at 11:42 AM Post #1,073 of 2,359
At first I apologise for my english, is not my native language, but I’ll try to describe it…
As I promised this is my point of view and my opinion of Atrios. I read a lot of reviews before I bought Atrios and I can say that they are B*E*A*U*T*I*F*U*L phones and I am happy owner for 1 week now . I could not decide between some earphones, all I knew was that I want dynamic driver, not armature. So my choice was between Crossroads, Denons C700 and Atrios. From what I read about Atrios I decided to go for them and I am glad I have them and they work for me. I cannot return them, but even If I could, I would not return them, simply because they are Fantastic. And after some time, all I can say is (in my opinion):

A/ I agree with:
1. they are veeeery MUSICAL, warm, fun and enjoyable….
2. have PLENTY of details and nice big sounstage
3. sound like speakers or headphones, not IEM
4. need to burn in (to me they sounded ok directly from the box,but they improved much more in time)
5. isolate very well
6. to get good seal is important, but I found them very comfortable
7. bass impact is really strong but detailed, deep and beautiful ( i enjoy it), my EQ set is zero
8. mids are really a little bit recessed, but just a little and they are still very nice present
9. guitar and especially strings sound absolutely amazing with Atrios
10. they have NO HISS at all or just a little from any of my source
11. they really DO sound absolutely beautiful
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

B/ I don’t agree with:
1. Recessed highs – I did not find them recessed, even I think they are very sharp and crisp, they have plenty of highs compared to any cheapo earbuds what I owned, so now I know that Etymotics are definitely not for me
2. Big size – I do not agree. They are small, and do not stick out either. Even my small sister can wear them without any problems…
3. Build quality – I think build quality is fine and very good, I just worried about wires, but Atrios have 2 years guaranty and if you buy high end iem, which cost more money, you will be probably more careful…
4. Difficult to re-insert – I found them to re-insert very easy and fast. No problemo.

Highly recommended
Cheers!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 11, 2007 at 12:57 PM Post #1,074 of 2,359
my only real trouble with the atrio is that the innards are obviously not a very hard plastic surface, perhaps too soft so on hard bass lines, the bass loses a small edge compared to other iems such as um2 or e500 that i relish. however, i cannot stand the piercing nature of armatures so the atrio are very very good. i can get over a small bit of plastic sounding echo.

the denon hasn't that sound - i guess that would be the aluminium, but.. the atrio and denon are two different beasts. i always find the denons running from me as well as no isoation in comparison. atrio will remain favs. i will try this backward insertion method

Dec 15, 2007 at 9:34 PM Post #1,075 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Austin 3:16 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Define awkward please.

Or not...

Dec 18, 2007 at 2:42 PM Post #1,076 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Austin 3:16 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or not...

Oh well, guess I'll figure out what he meant once mine comes in (ordered).

Dec 18, 2007 at 3:49 PM Post #1,077 of 2,359
It's hard to explain, and i don't want to say the wrong thing by attempting. You'll see what i mean when you listen to them yourself.

Something about the bass coming from inside your head and the highs and mids from another room or far foward.

It's not an offensive quality, but it's just something you have to get used to with the Atrio.

Dec 21, 2007 at 3:25 AM Post #1,078 of 2,359
Well, I've had my Atrio M5's for a few months now and I have to say I don't think I can live without them anymore. At first, admittedly, I was kind of disappointed by the sound but after they were on for a little while they really started to shine. I do kind of feel like the mids are a bit weaker, but that might be due to various reasons. I've now started work on upgrading my source, which seems to have helped greatly
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 22, 2007 at 4:24 AM Post #1,079 of 2,359
i was looking for the highs on my sf5 pro but with added bass so i thought of trying out the atrios. i had them for more than 2 weeks now and it seems i even prefer my sennheiser cx400!

i do agree the 2 things that excelled on the atrios. 1) strings sound amazing and 2) bass is the best ive heard so far.

but what i dont like about them is 1) highs dont sound as natural to me even when compared to the senn cx400/cx500 2) the sound sig fatigues me after a while. kinda reminds me how the jbl 220 fatigues me. i prefer the more laid back sound of my cx400/cx500. fyi, my music primarily consists of modern/alternative rock. i love my ue super.fi 5pro and i can say that the cx400/cx500 sounds more closer to it rather than the atrios.

ive read that burnin really improves them a lot but i think i have used them already for 70+ hours. i already tried the shure olives and still the same. any suggestions?

Dec 22, 2007 at 6:36 AM Post #1,080 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by dranoel4190 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i was looking for the highs on my sf5 pro but with added bass so i thought of trying out the atrios. i had them for more than 2 weeks now and it seems i even prefer my sennheiser cx400!

i do agree the 2 things that excelled on the atrios. 1) strings sound amazing and 2) bass is the best ive heard so far.

but what i dont like about them is 1) highs dont sound as natural to me even when compared to the senn cx400/cx500 2) the sound sig fatigues me after a while. kinda reminds me how the jbl 220 fatigues me. i prefer the more laid back sound of my cx400/cx500. fyi, my music primarily consists of modern/alternative rock. i love my ue super.fi 5pro and i can say that the cx400/cx500 sounds more closer to it rather than the atrios.

ive read that burnin really improves them a lot but i think i have used them already for 70+ hours. i already tried the shure olives and still the same. any suggestions?

thanks. I extremely LOOOOVE my ep630 and it seems like M5s are not for me.

So the confusion comes to SF5Pro or Denon C700?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back