Future Sonics Atrio MG7 Review and Appreciation thread
Sep 7, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #1,156 of 1,216
Yes the atrios are being discontinued, grab them while you can

don't worry there will be a replacement, FS is not abandoning the consumer market (via twitter have a look)

Sep 7, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #1,157 of 1,216
  Yes the atrios are being discontinued, grab them while you can

don't worry there will be a replacement, FS is not abandoning the consumer market

It's odd that David didn't mention a replacement in our email discussions.
Maybe they are going to concentrate on the CIEM market but if they do introduce a new universal, I bet it will be a totally different design form.

In the meantime, having used all the FS IEMs (IE3, FS1, MG5, MG5pro and now the MG7) I can't recommend them highly enough and would suggest anyone who wants to try them or even pick up a spare, to do so now.

Sep 8, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #1,158 of 1,216

It's odd that David didn't mention a replacement in our email discussions.
Maybe they are going to concentrate on the CIEM market but if they do introduce a new universal, I bet it will be a totally different design form.

In the meantime, having used all the FS IEMs (IE3, FS1, MG5, MG5pro and now the MG7) I can't recommend them highly enough and would suggest anyone who wants to try them or even pick up a spare, to do so now.

Wow, you even beat me!  I have had all three revisions of the Atrios (remember the memory wires?) and think they're great phones.  

Sep 17, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #1,159 of 1,216

Wow, you even beat me!  I have had all three revisions of the Atrios (remember the memory wires?) and think they're great phones.  

I ended up cutting the memory wires off as they were so annoying. Ended up selling that set anyway but it was much better to use with the plastic sheath cut off.

The MG7's are a huge improvement over the MG5pro driver.

Sep 17, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #1,160 of 1,216

The MG7's are a huge improvement over the MG5pro driver.

Yeah, it's really amazing how much different/better the sound got over the course of a couple revisions.  I argued that FS did themselves a disservice in keeping the Atrio name when they came out with the new driver since it was so much better; I think they would have sold quite a few more if they had advertised them as being a new IEM altogether, which would've been an honest thing to do given the improvement in sound.

Oct 7, 2013 at 6:29 AM Post #1,164 of 1,216
No sibilance here, but upper mids sharpness - annoying as hell...

Oct 8, 2013 at 5:12 AM Post #1,165 of 1,216
Are they broken in yet? Atrios need at the very least 100 hours before their sound opens up, the harshness receeds and the bass presentation matures.

Oct 10, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #1,168 of 1,216
upper mids yes very annoying

4.2 to 4.8 khz is were that spike is

i eq it down, sound's ALOT better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back