Future Sonics Atrio MG7 Review and Appreciation thread
Oct 17, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #1,172 of 1,216
Maybe you should burn them in some more? Also, I understand that they do NOT perform well for some tracks but I usually fix it by EQ'ing down the mid bass and then incrasing the mid range then increasing the treble at around 3khz then maintaining a linear increase in treble all the way up to my eq limit

Oct 21, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #1,173 of 1,216

It's odd that David didn't mention a replacement in our email discussions.
Maybe they are going to concentrate on the CIEM market but if they do introduce a new universal, I bet it will be a totally different design form.

In the meantime, having used all the FS IEMs (IE3, FS1, MG5, MG5pro and now the MG7) I can't recommend them highly enough and would suggest anyone who wants to try them or even pick up a spare, to do so now.

I have an MG7 Atrio, could you compare how the FS1 and old MG5 Atrio sound compared to the MG7? Not sure if I'm willing to pay for another MG7 but I want something similar as a backup in case mine dies.

Nov 5, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #1,179 of 1,216

Apologies if this has been discussed before in this thread, but has anyone else noticed a big increase in quality using a headphone amp with the MG7s?

I just got an Asus Xonar U3 (not a real amp, I know...) and treble is a lot less harsh than with the X-Fi Go! I was using earlier. Soundstage seems a little wider as well and a bit more treble detail too (maybe because of the reduced harshness). Bass as good as always. 

Nov 11, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #1,180 of 1,216

I have an MG7 Atrio, could you compare how the FS1 and old MG5 Atrio sound compared to the MG7? Not sure if I'm willing to pay for another MG7 but I want something similar as a backup in case mine dies.

The FS1 doesn't have as tight bass and the highs are not very sparkly.
The MG5 improves on the bass VS the FS1 but the MG7 is much tighter/textured.
The MG7 also has significantly better high end VS the MG5.

If you are looking for a back up to your MG7, get another MG7 as the FS1 and MG5[pro] don't really compete with the MG7.
I myself have got a backup MG7 recently.

Nov 26, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #1,182 of 1,216
Hi guys, I was thinking to buy one Atrio MG7 because I love the bass. I listen all the time electronic music with my phone or pc.. I am thinking to in a GR07 but some people wrote about it .. they say that could be not confortable ...so I am confuse.. Anyone can recomended one.. with strong and deep bass around 150$ more or less .. I am very newbie in this material. I had a fischer ethernal revision1 and with the vol was hight the sound was not to bad.. 

thanks in advance 

Nov 27, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #1,183 of 1,216
  Hi guys, I was thinking to buy one Atrio MG7 because I love the bass. I listen all the time electronic music with my phone or pc.. I am thinking to in a GR07 but some people wrote about it .. they say that could be not confortable ...so I am confuse.. Anyone can recomended one.. with strong and deep bass around 150$ more or less .. I am very newbie in this material. I had a fischer ethernal revision1 and with the vol was hight the sound was not to bad.. 

thanks in advance 

Depends on what you'd consider comfortable.  The MG7's double flange silicone tips insert fairly deep, and some are OK with this while others aren't (they were not comfortable for me with those tips).  When I had my pair, the most comfortable tips were the stock cream foam tips, or Comply Ts-100 tips.  If you are OK with foam tips, they will be plenty comfortable IMO, especially the Complys.  However, I found the GR07 to be more comfortable because I prefer silicone tips, and Sony Hybrid tips fit on these which I find to be the most comfortable option, plus the driving housing is pretty small.  The GR07 will have a more neutral signature and more prominent treble, so that is something to consider...it can be more sibilant and harsh in some tracks.  You may also want to read up on the Yamaha EPH-100 and the GR07 Bass Edition as well, primarily because the MG7 was discontinued AFAIK.  The EPH-100 meets the criteria of strong and deep bass for sure 
redface.gif

Nov 29, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #1,185 of 1,216
  ok, and between the Yamaha EPH-100 and the IE80 which do you think that have more bass? ( I read that the IE8 have bass but a little minor like the IE80). thanks

I've not heard the IE8 or IE80 but I suspect they are going to be much bassier (more mid-bass) and have more recessed mids as a result from what I've read.  The treble is apparently smooth as well though...but also consider they cost about 3x the price on average, but probably won't be much of an upgrade in terms of overall sound quality.  I'd suggest reading up on those mentioned over on joker's multi-IEM review thread for more details:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-303-iems-compared-noble-4s-added-11-28-13-p-813

Users who are viewing this thread

Back