Future Sonics Atrio MG7 Review and Appreciation thread
Jun 19, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #1,201 of 1,216
Ordered a pair today - model 500-010 (built in smartphone controls).  Paid 170.00, and, took a lot of researching bass centric IEMs before I had enough confidence to click the 'buy' button.  Basically, I read through everything I could find on the matter here and elsewhere.  This includes the fine work joker and other's have done in reviews, threads and posts.  The problem with selecting an IEM (and this applies to any sound output device including amps, speakers and headphones) on research alone (not being able to actually listened to them first) is that to a degree, it is subjective.  Of course bad is always going to be bad, no matter who says what, but when you narrow the field down to a short list of qualified candidates, things get a little voodoo.  Just like tastes in music itself...people simply have different preferences.  I considered many models but eventually settled on the Atrio MG7's mainly because of all that had been written about them - both in posts and reviews.  While all of the IEMs on the short list had outstanding things written about them, it was the frequency and quantity of the remarks, and the passion with which they were made, regarding the MG7 that finally sold me on them.  That, and input from a couple of people here whose opinions I tend to trust.

Only time will tell if I made a good decision or not, but I am fairly confident about one thing - I now own a pair of kick ass bass earbuds.

In case anyone is interested, these are the models that made my short list (and I'm sure I am missing some):

Westone 3
JVC HA-FXT90 2
Hippo VB
Brainwavz M4
Ultimate Ears TF10 PRO
Radius DDM
JVC Kenwood Victor inner ear headphone HP-FX500
Audio Technica ATH-CKS77
Monster Turbine Pro Gold
Vsonic GR07         
Sony XBA-3
Atrio MG7           
JVC ATH-CK70 Pro
Denon C710      
Yamaha EPH-100
Panasonic HJE900
Sony MDR-XB90EX
Audio Technica ATH-IM50

This is a great short list. I have had many of the units mentioned on this list and have gotten rid or returned all except the Atrio MG7. I wear the Atrios for sometimes 6+ hours when I am on international flights and they have been lovely. Finding the best tip has been the biggest challenge for me so the next step will be to purchase the Westone Star tips and see if they fit.

May 9, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #1,203 of 1,216
The Future Sonic website has just updated showing a new model name (Spectrum Series G10) instead of the Atrios - I think this might be their new IEM but there is no info yet other than "Coming soon"

http://www.futuresonics.com/

I'm very excited by the thought of a new IEM by Future Sonics, the bass on the Atrios is unparalleled in my view.

May 10, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #1,204 of 1,216
  The Future Sonic website has just updated showing a new model name (Spectrum Series G10) instead of the Atrios - I think this might be their new IEM but there is no info yet other than "Coming soon"

http://www.futuresonics.com/

I'm very excited by the thought of a new IEM by Future Sonics, the bass on the Atrios is unparalleled in my view.

Yup, it looks like this is their first official sign--they really, really like to wait till things are just right and ready before they make announcements of new products. Should be very exciting. I'll certainly buy one when they come out and review it on head-fi.

May 11, 2015 at 4:49 AM Post #1,205 of 1,216
I'll be ready to pull the trigger as soon as they hit their site. Even though I'm not a basshead per se, and I prefer headphones and speakers to IEMs, the atrios have given me a ton of enjoyment over the past couple years. I really hope they continue the head-fi "family" discount...if they do, I'll probably buy two pairs :)

Jun 4, 2015 at 1:43 AM Post #1,206 of 1,216

219$
http://www.mcssl.com/store/futuresonics/spectrum-series-model-g10-professional-personal-monitor

Future Sonics Spectrum Series(TM) - Model G10 - Professional Personal Monitors (Gunmetal Gray)
Future Sonics® is pleased to introduce our latest innovation that features the next generation of our award winning audio signature; Spectrum Series™ model G10 universal-fit professional personal monitors.

Offering the industry’s most natural listening experience for live, studio, broadcast, and worship applications, the new Spectrum Series™ model G10 creates an incredibly smooth ultra wide-spectrum sound in a micro-sized, more efficient, and armature-free infrastructure. Inspired by Philadelphia’s legendary music culture, Spectrum Series™ celebrates the innovative spirit that combines artistry and audio with Future Sonics’ new technologies in professional personal monitoring. Attention to detail is at the forefront of all aspects of the Future Sonics® Spectrum Series™ with a focus on producing the finest audio signature for the most demanding music professionals.

Spectrum Series™ represents a classic example of intelligent and thoughtful design that continues to be the Future Sonics legacy. Spectrum Series™ professional personal monitors provide superior performance not found in any other product, or at any price. Unlike multi-driver armature (hearing aid-type) configurations or so-called "hybrid" earphones, there are no electronic or comb filtering artifacts, no phase issues, and no crossover dropouts to provide a perfectly balanced, natural and more realistic sound you can feel with a true sense of the audio’s energy..

Features & Specifications:
• G10™ Proprietary 10mm Dynamic Drivers
• 18Hz - 20,000Hz TrueTimber Response
• 32ohm Impedance
• Sensitivity 113db @ 30Hz/1mW

May not be bass cannons. And boy do they hate armatures
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

Jun 9, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #1,211 of 1,216
The beautiful thing about the bass on the Atrios, though, is that it stil stays very clean and tight. Maybe not the clean-EST or tight-EST I've heard, but moreso than not, to the degree that it doesn't even come close to approaching that threshold where I find it annoying. 

Jun 30, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #1,215 of 1,216
Amazon seems to be running out of the M5 pro (MG7 drivers), but after noting in an amazon review that someone mentioned 'vitasound', I did a google search on that name and found that they're selling the M5 Pro as a 2-for-1 deal for $199:

http://vitasound.com/product/atrio-m5-pro/

Am tempted, as the cabling on my Atrios is stiffening and the rubber on the ends is starting to fall apart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back