Future Sonics Atrio MG7 Review and Appreciation thread
Nov 8, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #1,036 of 1,216
Quote:
I lost my tips and am looking for replacement ones.  What are some good flanges to buy?  Someone had mentioned cutting down Shure white tri-flanges into a double flange.  Do you know which Shure model flange I should be looking for?  Thank you!

Any of the se versions should fit fine. I have the se535's and the tips fit my mg7's

Nov 11, 2012 at 6:27 AM Post #1,037 of 1,216
Hi guys,

Any suggestions on a good sounding portable DAC for my mg7's?

I like the base on these things but i am not so sure about the highs. they have settled down a bit but it still is a bit harsh for me. Maybe it is because i use them with my laptop which has an built in sound card, they do sound better when i hook them up to my Samsung Galaxy S phone.

Nov 13, 2012 at 1:55 PM Post #1,039 of 1,216
If they're too harsh for you, it probably won't get better. It seems you're one of the persons (like me) who can't stand the harsh upper mids of these. That's a pity, because I really enjoyed the bass.

Nov 16, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #1,040 of 1,216
I have a pair of MG7's for sale in the UK, if interested PM me. Thanks

Dec 10, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #1,041 of 1,216
I ordered my MG7's from atrio.me with the discount code on Dec. 6th, and I saw some were saying it takes a while for the order to process.  I checked my profile this morning there and it said they were still Awaiting Fullfillment, which was totally fine.  Then they arrived a few minutes ago!
cool.gif
They shipped from Pa. which is near me, but that was so much faster than expected!  I'm starting off their burn in period right away, and I can't wait to try them out.

Dec 21, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #1,044 of 1,216
Hey guys how are the build quality on these? I'm looking to buy these sometime soon and will probably be using these in transit and at the gym so just wondering if they can handle just being thrown around and what not. Thanks!

Dec 21, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #1,045 of 1,216
not very good build quility, in my opnion, i have been thorugh 2 of them, i wouldnt recoomed them if your going to be taking them to the gym (i do ) but stilll you have to be carefull with them they are pretty fragile, i keep them in there case whenver i go to school with them after that i just leave them in my pocket and they are fine. dont put them in your bag unprotected if you just be little more carfull with them you should be fine.

Dec 22, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #1,046 of 1,216
Quote:
Hey guys how are the build quality on these? I'm looking to buy these sometime soon and will probably be using these in transit and at the gym so just wondering if they can handle just being thrown around and what not. Thanks!

Ive owned all the Future Sonics models (FS1, MG5, MG7) and have used them all at the gym and have never had any problems. The FS1 was used at the gym for two years and it is still working fine.

Dec 22, 2012 at 5:06 AM Post #1,047 of 1,216
Thanks for the responses guys. Just looking into getting a good pair of IEM that are comfortable, great isolation, and has a fun sound signature with some deep bass and came across the Atrios. Was thinking between the Atrio M5 MG7 or Hippo VB since these 2 seem to be some of the more hard hitting bass IEMS around $100.

Dec 22, 2012 at 5:50 PM Post #1,048 of 1,216
I'd say the build quality is pretty solid, and would only recommend being careful with the ear strains as they are molded rubber.  If you get a hard case for when they are not in use (or even the soft case provided with them) they will likely last a long time.  I tend to baby all of my headphones, and everything for that matter, but I wouldn't say they are cheap feeling by any means.  In terms of comfort, I found the Comply P-100 tips to be a perfect pairing, with the stock creme foams second.  The dual flange silicone tips take some getting used to if you are not experienced with deep insertion tips, but IMO provide the best overall sound.  The housing also doesn't come in contact with your ears, so once you've got a comfortable fit they disappear.  They have pretty great isolation - I use them on the DC Metro (which if you know it can get very loud) and I can't hear any external noise, even at low volume.  With the 50% discount code still available, these are easily the best value I've gotten so far in my new and growing IEM collection - don't pass it up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back