Future Sonics Atrio MG7 Review and Appreciation thread
Jan 8, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #1,051 of 1,216
Quote:
I've heard that the splitter on these is too high up the cable, so when you wear them over the ear, the splitter ends up really close to your chin. Is this true?

It's not bad from my experience.  Sometimes I'll wear the slider snug when i've got a scarf on so it doesn't move the cables around behind my ears, but otherwise I find there is plenty of room with it all the way down.  It's about 12" between the strain reliefs and the slider if you want to do a comparison.

Jan 8, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #1,053 of 1,216
If the MG7 just had a little bit more width in the soundstage I would have never sold mine but they didn't have the soundstage width that I like.  The bass is still the best I've heard from an IEM or even a pair of over ear headphones for that matter.  The mids and highs were also quite good, they had a monitor quality to them that I very much liked but I just couldn't get past the lack of width in the soundstage.  I hope they come out with a new Atrio series that has the same sound signature with a better soundstage and imaging because I'd be all over that.

Jan 10, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #1,054 of 1,216
Quote:
If the MG7 just had a little bit more width in the soundstage I would have never sold mine but they didn't have the soundstage width that I like.  The bass is still the best I've heard from an IEM or even a pair of over ear headphones for that matter.  The mids and highs were also quite good, they had a monitor quality to them that I very much liked but I just couldn't get past the lack of width in the soundstage.  I hope they come out with a new Atrio series that has the same sound signature with a better soundstage and imaging because I'd be all over that.

have you not tried the costem sleeves? they really help with the soundstage, its not huge but its noticble gain in soundstage

Jan 10, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #1,055 of 1,216
I just tried some Comply Ts-100 tips with these, and it seems like a good pairing so far...super comfortable, great isolation (though I have yet to truly put this to the test) and doesn't seem to effect the soundstage as much as the included foamies (I was using the cremes previously).  Bi-flanges are your best bet to get the most soundstage out of these that I've experienced so far - unfortunately they are not the most comfortable for me.

Jan 10, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #1,057 of 1,216
Quote:
Do Sony Hybrids work well with these?

They won't fit, as the Atrio's nozzle is too narrow.  If you want to try single flange tips, you can use the clear Klipsch Oval Ear Gels (they also come in bi-flange variety as well), and they can be found on Amazon or on Klipsch's site: http://www.klipsch.com/parts  I have not tried these yet, but I'm curious about their performance and they are known to be comfortable.  Check out this review for some more details:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/future-sonics-010-045-atrio-series-m5-earbuds-onyx-black/reviews/6032

Jan 14, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #1,060 of 1,216
Quote:
They won't fit, as the Atrio's nozzle is too narrow.  If you want to try single flange tips, you can use the clear Klipsch Oval Ear Gels (they also come in bi-flange variety as well), and they can be found on Amazon or on Klipsch's site: http://www.klipsch.com/parts  I have not tried these yet, but I'm curious about their performance and they are known to be comfortable.  Check out this review for some more details:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/future-sonics-010-045-atrio-series-m5-earbuds-onyx-black/reviews/6032

the eargels are my silicon tips of choice with the atrio's. The eargels very closely convey the atrio's sound signature. Not quite as good as the foam tips but if you don't like foamies or don't want the expense, the eargels are your best bet...plus they are the MOST comfortable eartips I have ever used!

Jan 15, 2013 at 9:14 AM Post #1,061 of 1,216
Quote:
heya,

Can anyone suggest me a decent portable dac or dac/amp (would be great for future proofing) under 200$ complimenting my mg7?

regards,
Shahab. 

e7 or e17

Jan 15, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #1,062 of 1,216
The new Westone "Star" tips fit. I've switched to them on my Atrios. They are not available yet as an seperately, but will be soon.

Feb 11, 2013 at 7:43 AM Post #1,065 of 1,216
What is the difference between the older m8 and the newer Mg7?  I'm just curious.  I have an older pair of M8 and really enjoy them.  I bought them 5 years ago and really didn't expect them to last this long.  As any red blooded gear head I bought other iems for various reasons and the atrios were deleagated to some of the rougher treatment like going to the gym  (currently I'm in Afghanistan) largely because I figure I've gotten my money's worth out of them and I'll spare the newer iems the wear and tear.  Anyway, these things just keep going! They sound and function as good as the day I bought them. 

Anyway, I'm just curious.  I'm not likely to buy a pair any time soon as I am saturated with iems right now but its good to know and keep up with whats going on.  Are the M7s a big improvement from the m8s.  If not what was the point? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back