Funny Custom Titles
Aug 14, 2001 at 2:06 AM Post #62 of 82
First of all, let me pre-qualify -- in general, I don't mind a bit of sense of humor at my expense.

And even when I first noticed mine, I thought it was funny. But after seeing it for the 75th time (or whatever), I have to admit, the joke got old. I don't appreciate being reminded of disagreement several weeks/months/whatever after the fact. Feel free to change mine to whiner. (And then change it again later, plz.) Or Cunning Linguist. Feel free to change mine frequently and often.

Here we go, for the record: I a/b'd the 7506's against the V6's and they sounded pretty much exactly the same. I don't know what I was thinking. I apologize for going from memory, but I really do remember them being different. I still stand my comment that what I heard was what I heard, but maybe I had beat up the older pair or something...whatever...making excuses...retracting the statement now...never disagreed that they were the same driver, just disagreed that they sounded different...

And you're right, I don't get Neruda's (didn't finish reading this thread, so if it's in there, don't worry, I'll get around to it).

Aug 14, 2001 at 2:34 AM Post #63 of 82
Quote:

Originally posted by DustyChalk
First of all, let me pre-qualify -- in general, I don't mind a bit of sense of humor at my expense.

And even when I first noticed mine, I thought it was funny. But after seeing it for the 75th time (or whatever), I have to admit, the joke got old. I don't appreciate being reminded of disagreement several weeks/months/whatever after the fact. Feel free to change mine to whiner. (And then change it again later, plz.) Or Cunning Linguist. Feel free to change mine frequently and often.

Here we go, for the record: I a/b'd the 7506's against the V6's and they sounded pretty much exactly the same. I don't know what I was thinking. I apologize for going from memory, but I really do remember them being different. I still stand my comment that what I heard was what I heard, but maybe I had beat up the older pair or something...whatever...making excuses...retracting the statement now...never disagreed that they were the same driver, just disagreed that they sounded different...

And you're right, I don't get Neruda's (didn't finish reading this thread, so if it's in there, don't worry, I'll get around to it).

Actually, the custom user title ("Ears by Alcoa") came from your profile. Does this look familiar?

Quote:

professional programmer, hobbyist musician, not an audiophile, but "aluminum" ears

And Alcoa is, as their web site puts it, "...the world's leading producer of primary aluminum, fabricated aluminum, and alumina."

If you don't like it, I'll delete it. I'm not sure what the rest of your message was about (the part about the 7506/V6).

Aug 14, 2001 at 2:52 AM Post #64 of 82
Yes, I mis-understood the Alcoa reference, I thought you meant tin, as opposed to aluminum (but I did like the fact that I had to look up Alcoa to get it).

I was sure it was because of that argument that I felt like I was having with _everyone_ that the V6 and the 7506 were not, in fact, the same headphones (I now stand corrected on that).

Yes, feel free to change it anyway, please...

I'm not sure what I was thinking when I did my user profile, I'll have to "fix" that...I was trying to think of what one would call someone who is a more modern version of "golden ears", yet still maybe a step down...I had heard that aluminum is the most underrated of metals, because it's so light, etc...I'll have to rethink that...maybe "silver ears" (and ditch the "modern" part of that) or "carbon-based ears" or something like that...or silicon ears...I'll think of something, but suggestions are invited...

BTW, I've been reading some other people's...they're all very clever...Duncan's the New Math is probably one of my favorites...(and no, I'm not kissing up just because I want a nice name, I'm hoping my posts should speak for themselves, like my how to tube roll an X-CANv2 post, and others which were attempting to be helpful wherever possible, and attention to detail, like not calling them X-Cans)...

Thanks, Jude!

Jan 10, 2002 at 5:13 PM Post #66 of 82
Jude
I dread to think..
What with a recent post I....

Jan 10, 2002 at 6:14 PM Post #67 of 82
Hey! So here's an 'ask-Jude-to-give-you-a-nick' thread!
tongue.gif
My it's got some history behind it
smily_headphones1.gif

Hey Jude can you give me a nick too? Maybe something to do with how I've become trusted to 'break' every electronic gizmo in my possession--by my antielectronic psychic field, no doubt!
rolleyes.gif
(surely you know what I am talking about
biggrin.gif
)

[/rolling on the ground]

edit: I get it! Setmenu, prepare for the 'custom-title lifeform' to come alive and eat you up!
very_evil_smiley.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 10, 2002 at 6:19 PM Post #69 of 82
Yesyesyes
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 10, 2002 at 6:39 PM Post #70 of 82
I dread to think what mine will be if it gets changed...

Headphone massicist?

How about... Making Heapdphones better through destruction?

Who knows... I'll let Judes awesome wit decide
tongue.gif

Jan 11, 2002 at 1:49 AM Post #71 of 82
joe: That's pretty much the opposite of me... When people try and show me the problem with their computer, it tends to fix itself...(unless it's a definite problem, i.e. misconfiguration, then it takes me a few minutes to fix
smily_headphones1.gif
) It's like I have a psychic empathy with computers or something!
wink.gif
Weird, eh? If we came into contact the world would probably explode...

Jan 11, 2002 at 2:09 AM Post #72 of 82
Quote:

Mine would be [-deleted-]

Hehehe

Nothin' to do with the macster and dresses ?
Dude,that was priceles.And till the end of this month i will smile just thinkin' 'bout it

Jan 11, 2002 at 5:54 AM Post #74 of 82
Quote:

Originally posted by eric343
joe: That's pretty much the opposite of me... When people try and show me the problem with their computer, it tends to fix itself...(unless it's a definite problem, i.e. misconfiguration, then it takes me a few minutes to fix
smily_headphones1.gif
) It's like I have a psychic empathy with computers or something!
wink.gif
Weird, eh? If we came into contact the world would probably explode...

Yeah, I'm like that too...with computers. Light bulbs, on the other hand, go out when I approach. It's all very "damien".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back