Fun (sub-$100) IEM's for iPod?
May 30, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:
If mic is required, and you need the "fun" sound still, I'd look towards the TS02 by ThinkSound.  The MS01 is an upgrade to them if you don't need a mic.  If you like a sweet sound, A161p is a good choice as well.  Something like the Brainwavz M4 may also suit your needs.

So here's a breakdown; depending on sound preference:
  1. ThinkSound TS02 for balanced or the MS01
  2. Brainwavz M4 for deep V
  3. MEE A161p for sweet sound

By sweet do you mean, generally enjoyable/fun?
Quote:
The Turbine are very crisp, clear and offers tight punchy punchy deep bass(highly recommended for above genres music), Sony EX310, JVC FXT90 are very good buy too and both offers heavy lowend.

How's their build? I've read about some issues with their durability...

May 30, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

By sweet do you mean, generally enjoyable/fun?
How's their build? I've read about some issues with their durability...

Sweet as in powerful, dynamic vocals (and midrange in general) with slightly rolling off highs.  The 161s also have a mid-focus (beware) although do have a bit of warmth to them. 

Regarding Turbine build quality, they are iffy from what I've read.  Some break quickly, others don't at all.  It's really a tossed coin (Unless Monster has updated designs).

May 31, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #18 of 22
Monster Turbine and Klipsch S4 come to mind

May 31, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #19 of 22
Monster Turbine are great. Really nice bass, very muscial in their presentation, great for dubstep, trance, electronic, rock, metal, they suit most genres really well but shine their potential in some more than others. For their asking price now on amazon plus the over vamped included Monster packaging the earphones themselves are worth the amount. I won't part with my pair, they're keepers for sure. 

May 31, 2012 at 2:30 AM Post #21 of 22
Quote:
se215. seems to fit your bill ^^

I wouldn't exactly call the 215 "fun." I might be wrong, as I only auditioned it briefly. But from what I remember, it was flatter sounding than the Turbines or S4's

May 31, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #22 of 22
Thanks again, to everyone who replied. I think I'm going for the Monsters, because their sound signature is tailor-made for electronic and rock music. Also, they've got a durable case and lifetime warranty. $75 isn't bad either! 

Some other time I'll try and test the other options out. Merci beacoup!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back