Fun 3d soundstage audio test!
Jan 5, 2006 at 2:19 PM Post #17 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
interesting, I have a percussion sound track recorded similar to that.

I didnt get any in front or vertical soundstage.

I heard some guy walking behind me farther away, and then getting closer and backing up again.

Didn't you hear the matches being rattled?

Jan 5, 2006 at 2:57 PM Post #18 of 44
That sounds amazing. Here i am sitting staticly listening to some rattling with a sick grin on my face
icon10.gif

Jan 5, 2006 at 3:55 PM Post #19 of 44
That's really nice stuff. I remember this sound sample was posted in another thread some time ago.
It's a shame that this recording method kind of died since this is a really thrilling experience and you don't need to use up to 7 speakers to deliver REAL good soundstage.

Jan 5, 2006 at 4:39 PM Post #20 of 44
I heard this about a year ago on my hd600 and was really impressed. I don't think it gets much better than this. Besides it made me believe that in fact headphones might be ideal for listening in surround and I only wish that we could have thr same effect for movies. Having tried dolby headphones and being not at all impressed, I was happy to learn that a new surround solution is in the works. I've started a tread about it some time ago. Its called Smyth Virtual Surround (search for: SVS) and it is individually adjusted to each user and calibrated using a normal speaker surround setup to the effect of being able to copy its surround signature. Most people say they are unable to detect the diferrences. It sounds very promising, and in fact it is being demonstrated at CES at this very time so if anybody should care for a listen..

Jan 5, 2006 at 6:30 PM Post #21 of 44
Amazing!
basshead.gif

I could actually hear the matches circle around me (even in the front) and I can hear it rise above me head and below my waist... And this is my my Sennheiser HD477's! I wonder how it'de sound with some K1000's?
k1000smile.gif

Jan 5, 2006 at 7:53 PM Post #23 of 44
Haha I just noticed something...I think the match box shaking is used at the beginning of Homeworld by Yes.

Jan 6, 2006 at 12:43 AM Post #26 of 44
Tested this out on the Sony D66 eggos and it was simply amazing!

I could clearly hear and track the shaking (box of matches?) going left to right. I was also pleasantly suprised to hear the shaking go above and below; the shaking going below me was a real shock, so damn realistic!

That said, when it went in front of me, it was a bit unclear whether it was going in front or above. I could tell it was going behind me but it sounded a bit weird, as if it was going further inside my head, as opposed to outside).

Some movie producers need to experiment with this technology, bigtime.
basshead.gif

Jan 6, 2006 at 1:27 AM Post #27 of 44
You should definitely try to listen to this with your eyes closed. It felt as if everything happend behind me with my eyes open. With the eyes closed I could hear the person walking in front of me.

Jan 6, 2006 at 2:08 AM Post #28 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
hey thats kind of neat... Could certainly hear some sense of vertical height with my MS2.

Garrett

I listened to this through the best and worst: my Ety ER4S through my SuperMacro V6 amp, and my wife's craptastic freebie Sony phones (MDR-027) she uses to listen to audiobooks on her MP3 player.

Through the Ety combo, it was un-freekin'-beliveable. I heard matches several feet outside my head, like the rings around Saturn, and there was pinpoint and seamless imaging. There was height, too, way above my head and almost down to the floor. Reality doesn't even sound this real.

Then for fun, I tried it on my wife's Sonys. Ugh! The sound was muffled, and there was essentially no imaging whatsoever. The sounds never got outside my head, and there was no height change, either. If I hadn't heard it first on my Etys, I'd not even know it was a box of matches -- maybe a marimba? It basically sounded my ears were full of thick mud.

I really, really appreciate my Etys even more now
etysmile.gif

-Erik

Jan 6, 2006 at 3:00 AM Post #29 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
I didnt get any in front or vertical soundstage.

The vertical soundstage happens around the last third of the clip, so maybe you didn't play it all?

That part was the most amazing... it seemed like a butterfly was fluttering beneath my chair... and the effect still works great with my Creative stock buds.

If this is possible, than certainly we should be able to have movies with this technology in the future?

Jan 6, 2006 at 4:18 AM Post #30 of 44
i got a tingle at the base of my spine while listening to it. crazy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back