Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc.
Apr 30, 2015 at 7:09 PM Post #901 of 1,040
I overheard Jason hinting to a designer at canjam upcoming releases of equipment. Sounded like more powerful integrated items coming down the pipe (late summer?). Wouldn't be surprised to see them put out a dac. That would be great. Love their Schiit.
Quality for the masses!
beerchug.gif

Something that would make buying a Magni/Modi stack a bad idea?

Doubt it would make a modi/magni a bad idea. They said no updates to current lines

May 4, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #903 of 1,040
May 7, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #904 of 1,040
I'm a Grado guy and when I travel for work, I usually bring my RA1 headphone amp and feed it from my MacBookPro.  It's a little bulky to say the least and not to mention batteries wear out and are expensive to replace.

Will Fulla be an upgrade or a step in the wrong direction?

May 11, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #905 of 1,040
  i'm thinking i'm going to return my fulla.  i think the background is actually higher with the fulla than straight out of my headphone out.  plus its beginning to make modem noises when sitting on the table.  i think i'll take the 15% hit (which comes out to be around 12 bucks) and use that money towards something else.  a bit of a shame.

I was having similar noise issues and drop-out/connection problems using the supplied short cable. Switched to a longer cable and I have not had any of those issues. Also, I noticed significantly higher background noise with an old ASUS eeePC compared to my MacBook Air that I usually use, so source does make a difference.

I also suffer from nasty RFI at home due to my proximity to a broadcasting tower - that was really tough to ferret out since it only occurred with one pair of cans and the Fulla (at first I thought it was a defect in the headphones, then with the Fulla, and then back again, around and around troubleshooting until I figured it out).

May 11, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #906 of 1,040
  I was having similar noise issues and drop-out/connection problems using the supplied short cable. Switched to a longer cable and I have not had any of those issues. Also, I noticed significantly higher background noise with an old ASUS eeePC compared to my MacBook Air that I usually use, so source does make a difference.

I also suffer from nasty RFI at home due to my proximity to a broadcasting tower - that was really tough to ferret out since it only occurred with one pair of cans and the Fulla (at first I thought it was a defect in the headphones, then with the Fulla, and then back again, around and around troubleshooting until I figured it out).

I am having issues too with modem sounds. Changing source definitely helps. I might get a better wire since it actually seems to be messing up with the sound. I don't know though. It could be my laptop that is messing things up. The thing is the problem developed after a month a use. It wasn't there to begin with leading me to believe that the sound quality of the Fulla degraded.

May 18, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #907 of 1,040

My suspicions are that most people are at home (or work) and enjoying this product. There are a few, which seem to have encountered quality control issues - I'm basing this guess on what I've read on these boards. I doubt Jason Stoddard is monitoring this thread to reach out to those individuals that are having trouble with the product. But from what I've heard, the support at Schiit is quite good. I personally have heard none of the buzz or volume scratching sounds from my Fulla. If you do, you should return the product for a new one or a refund.

Yup! I use mine daily for much of the day at my desk job. Paired with a pair of Bowers & Wilkins C5 earbuds. I hear zero background noise (maybe my ears are going?) and find the sound much crisper and soundstage significantly wider than plugged directly in the to the MBP. Music is HQ streaming from Spotify. I had a few interactions with them after ordering my Magni2U/Modi2U stack, and everything was super promptly replied to (>48hrs, even on weekends). I get the sense that there are a very few people working at Schiit, as both times the replies I got were definitely "personalized" rather than canned, and came from the same person.

Bottom line: I've seen nothing that would indicate issues with quality between the three items I've purchased from them, and I've been extremely satisfied by the sound quality of the schiit they've sent.

May 20, 2015 at 3:57 AM Post #908 of 1,040
I am quite interested in the product but after reading feedbacks here, I am now having second thoughts.

Have they fixed the said build issues?

May 21, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #910 of 1,040
Just picked one of these up and I have been pretty pleased so far. Sound quality seems on par or even better than the Audioengine D1. I haven't compared it directly with my Nuforce Icon HDP but I certainly find myself missing it. I'm using these with the NAD Viso HP50 which aren't hard to drive, but it definitely tightens up the bass and extracts more detail compared to a computer soundcard.

One thing that has been a little strange is that when I used it on my work PC (using foobar2K as the player) there were a couple of times where the audio was noticeably sped up and higher pitched upon resuming playback. I haven't been able to determine whether this is a software issue or a hardware one, but I've never encountered this with any other DAC. Has anyone else experienced this?

May 22, 2015 at 12:44 AM Post #911 of 1,040
I've had the Fulla for a couple of weeks now and I've really enjoyed it. It's a significant upgrade from the Hifiman HM-101 I had been running off my 2011 Macbook Pro. It drives my trusty Sennheiser HD580 headphones with no problem, and noise has not been a problem at all. I'm very impressed with this product and look forward to upgrading down the line with some of their other products.

May 22, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #912 of 1,040
Just picked one of these up and I have been pretty pleased so far. Sound quality seems on par or even better than the Audioengine D1. I haven't compared it directly with my Nuforce Icon HDP but I certainly find myself missing it. I'm using these with the NAD Viso HP50 which aren't hard to drive, but it definitely tightens up the bass and extracts more detail compared to a computer soundcard.

One thing that has been a little strange is that when I used it on my work PC (using foobar2K as the player) there were a couple of times where the audio was noticeably sped up and higher pitched upon resuming playback. I haven't been able to determine whether this is a software issue or a hardware one, but I've never encountered this with any other DAC. Has anyone else experienced this?

You probably got shipped the Limited Edition Fulla--Fasta model...

Seriously though, if you've installed the Effect DSP component, then I suppose it's possible that Foobar might be doing this on resume. FWIW, I've had issues occasionally on resume with ASIO.

That said, I don't think vanilla Foobar has pitch control functionality. If I'm right on this, then it could be hardware/firmware. Would think Schiit might have some thoughts on this.

May 22, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #913 of 1,040

I've had this happen once or twice with...was either Bifrost or Modi. I think it's related to suspending, but not 100% sure. If you unplug it and plug it back in it'll probably fix it.

May 27, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #915 of 1,040
  I'm a Grado guy and when I travel for work, I usually bring my RA1 headphone amp and feed it from my MacBookPro.  It's a little bulky to say the least and not to mention batteries wear out and are expensive to replace.

Will Fulla be an upgrade or a step in the wrong direction?

I don't know if it is an upgrade but that is exactly why I bought the Fulla. I wish it would drive from an iPhone or iPad but I don't want to deal with a bunch of wires and crap on a plane. It just isn't that huge of a deal to just hook the buds up to my iPhone and live with it. The Fulla drives my GS1000's fine, especially through Audirvana. But really the SQ improvement was from my iPhone to the Fulla on my laptop. Big difference.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back