Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc.
Feb 25, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #796 of 1,040
Just posted my full review of FULLA: http://www.head-fi.org/t/756553/review-of-schiit-audio-fulla-usb-dongle-dac-amp-w-pics

Feb 28, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #797 of 1,040
Have listened to one night and really satisfied with the sound under my AD2000X.

Besides, the aluminum edge is likely to cut your hand if push the knob too hard.

Feb 28, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #798 of 1,040
Although the edge is a bit sharp, unless there is great variability between devices I doubt anyone could cut themselves. Can we be done with the sharp edge talk, and stop beating this dead horse?

Feb 28, 2015 at 11:29 PM Post #802 of 1,040

um, fulla is not balanced...just plain old 1/8" plug, so the answer would be none...

Probably meant balanced armature.

If that's a case, they pair up well with most of BAs in my collection.  Got UM Pro 50, Pro 30, W40, UE900s, IM03, and hybrids like A83 - no complains!
FULLA sounds great, and can also slice'n'dice!!!
deadhorse.gif
 for @AKGunkie 
tongue.gif

Mar 1, 2015 at 1:03 AM Post #803 of 1,040

um, fulla is not balanced...just plain old 1/8" plug, so the answer would be none...

Probably meant balanced armature.

If that's a case, they pair up well with most of BAs in my collection.  Got UM Pro 50, Pro 30, W40, UE900s, IM03, and hybrids like A83 - no complains!
FULLA sounds great, and can also slice'n'dice!!! :deadhorse:  for @AKGunkie
 :p  

Actually, guys I meant a balanced sound, lol. But thanks for the additional information. :) I was thinking about buying a high end universal iem and the fulla, but I'm kinda lost on which ones to buy. I'm looking for under 600 bucks. Also, do more drivers really make a huge difference?

Mar 6, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #804 of 1,040
I got Fulla Schiite a couple days ago (one day from the order with priority usps!) and find the music plays very naturally on my laptop and desktop setup.  However, I noticed an annoying, fluttering sound on my desktop when I reached the 12 o'clock position.  Using the suggestion on the web site to use a longer usb cable to get some distance from the modem yielded little result.  I then switched to a different cable (sorry, manf. unknown) and heard it clear up markedly.  

I am noticing a major advantage during game play (using M50's with dod, unreal tournament 4-alpha).  

Black background, very wide sound stage and extremely musical (using B&W P7's).  This Schiite is amazing (love the Bifrost also)

Has anyone else out there had a problem with computer noise and come up with any other solutions using the Fulla?  Possibly an alternate cable (Schiite says not to exceed 6 ft).

jhv 
beerchug.gif

Mar 6, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #805 of 1,040
  I got Fulla Schiite a couple days ago (one day from the order with priority usps!) and find the music plays very naturally on my laptop and desktop setup.  However, I noticed an annoying, fluttering sound on my desktop when I reached the 12 o'clock position.  Using the suggestion on the web site to use a longer usb cable to get some distance from the modem yielded little result.  I then switched to a different cable (sorry, manf. unknown) and heard it clear up markedly.  

I am noticing a major advantage during game play (using M50's with dod, unreal tournament 4-alpha).  

Black background, very wide sound stage and extremely musical (using B&W P7's).  This Schiite is amazing (love the Bifrost also)

Has anyone else out there had a problem with computer noise and come up with any other solutions using the Fulla?  Possibly an alternate cable (Schiite says not to exceed 6 ft).

jhv 
beerchug.gif

I used De-oxit on the connections, and it helped a bit...

Mar 7, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #807 of 1,040
  Sorry for the question but has anyone tried to use fulla only output as a source for a standard receiver's input?

Ordered mine to pair with my Grados primarily.

I'm sure it would work fine with the correct cables. I use the outputs of my Schiit gear into the aux input of my integrated amp and it works just fine.

Mar 7, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #809 of 1,040
Actually, guys I meant a balanced sound, lol. But thanks for the additional information.
smily_headphones1.gif
I was thinking about buying a high end universal iem and the fulla, but I'm kinda lost on which ones to buy. I'm looking for under 600 bucks. Also, do more drivers really make a huge difference?

I missed the last question there...My opinion is that more drivers CAN make a difference, BUT, implementation of those drivers is very important, too. I like my UE7Pro's (3 driver) and I also like my Roxanne's (12 driver) for different reasons. There is, to me, a huge difference in the way these two present the music to me. It is worth a good long listen for yourself to see what you like.

Mar 7, 2015 at 8:03 PM Post #810 of 1,040
 Anyone compared the Fulla to either of the Explorers? Not a match in terms of price I know but would be interested to hear anyones experience.

The price between the Fulla and the first generation Explorer is now closer - I noted a price drop around December when the second generation Explorer was released. However, and I suspect it is at least partly due to the much lower impedance, I am finding the second generation Explorer to work very well with many more headphones. I have just acquired the second generation Explorer, so I'm still listening to it 
beyersmile.png

I've already posted my opinions on the Fulla versus the first generation Explorer. Simply put, some phones mated best with the Fulla and another mated best with the Explorer. I did not feel that either product was necessarily better.

Comparing the Fulla to the Explorer2 will be a lot harder. I like what I hear in the Explorer2, but some people may not. There's a lot more audio processing going on in the Meridian, which will not be the case with the Schiit products. I read a review on What Hi-Fi about the Meridian Director. They said in reference to the Director "it seems to take its eye off the actual flow and rhythm" and "doesn’t build the same sense of tension". After listening to the Explorer2, I kinda think I understand what they meant. When I plugged back in my original Explorer, I got that edge and attack back, and I felt it more. But in the Explorer2, there's such a vast expanse of sonic information, so it's like I heard it more.

The Fulla and Explorer are really sweet, but they are simple products. The Explorer2, thus far, seems to play with a lot more headphones and lets you cozy right up next to the music (especially at the lower bit rates) - but it seems to me to be lacking that magic one gets in connecting with the musical moment. And as always, your mileage and experience may vary! I like them all 
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back