Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc.
Feb 11, 2015 at 10:24 PM Post #781 of 1,040
  I have a pair of HD580s as well as the ER-4S. This Fulla would do well with each of those? Would a FiiO E10K be better in any way?

Thanks.

I have the HD580s as well and it worked very well with them.  According to the Etymotic website, the 4S is 100ohms with 90 DB sensitivity, so I think it should work quite well with them also.  There are many more sensitive IEMS that may have trouble, but even my MEE A151s which are 27 ohms and 111DB, I still had a reasonable amount of volume control range and no hiss that I can notice. 

Feb 11, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #782 of 1,040
I have the HD580s as well and it worked very well with them.  According to the Etymotic website, the 4S is 100ohms with 90 DB sensitivity, so I think it should work quite well with them also.  There are many more sensitive IEMS that may have trouble, but even my MEE A151s which are 27 ohms and 111DB, I still had a reasonable amount of volume control range and no hiss that I can notice. 

Perfect - thanks for the advice.

Feb 13, 2015 at 8:18 PM Post #783 of 1,040

No one ever said it came with this little bag!
And for the record, it sounds fantastic. Bass Texture, detail, soundstage and imaging are all great!
Such great sound for such a great price and the device is even smaller than the pictures. 

Feb 13, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #784 of 1,040

No one ever said it came with this little bag!
And for the record, it sounds fantastic. Bass Texture, detail, soundstage and imaging are all great!
Such great sound for such a great price and the device is even smaller than the pictures. 

Well...that's icing on the cake -- a little Schiit bag! :wink:

Feb 16, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #787 of 1,040
IIRC anything above 96kHz requires drivers to function with windows while anything less is plug and play so a lot of inexpensive dacs have this limitation.

Feb 16, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #789 of 1,040

Another user commented saying that the surface RT couldn't power the fulla. After hooking it up today I'm pleased to see mine is working! I am able to power both a 2TB portable harddrive along with the fulla just using the USB hub that came with rockband many years ago. I can even play files directly from the 2TB drive to the fulla.

Harddrive -> Surface RT -> MediaMonkey App -> fulla  is spectacular semi-portable sound!

Feb 18, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #790 of 1,040
Tried to connect the Fulla to my Samsung Galaxy S4 using a Y-cable and a power source but even USB Audio Player Pro couldn't recognize the little Schiit. :xf_eek:
I guess I'll need to try again with the Comfast USB Power Amplifier.

In the meantime, the Fulla works great with my Surface Pro 3 connected directly using a USB A to Mini B cable. Very surprised at the power coming out of this thing running just on USB power! Drives my HE-500s just fine.

Feb 21, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #791 of 1,040
Anyone noticed a crackling sound ONLY when you turn the volume knob? Hearing it right now when it's hooked up to my Macbook Air. Really really loud distortion at wincing levels. Didn't have it previously when I was using it with the same source.

Could be a cable problem too, so I'm going to try it again on my home setup tonight.

Feb 21, 2015 at 6:58 AM Post #793 of 1,040
  Anyone noticed a crackling sound ONLY when you turn the volume knob? Hearing it right now when it's hooked up to my Macbook Air. Really really loud distortion at wincing levels. Didn't have it previously when I was using it with the same source.

Could be a cable problem too, so I'm going to try it again on my home setup tonight.

I've had stable connection problems with my MacBook Air. The USB jacks on my Air don't have a really solid connection so the slightest movement of the cable causes power/data drop which comes through as loud crackle/thump. Usually causes a loss of connection with the Fulla which means restarting JRiver.

Kind of annoying, but NOT a problem with my Fulla, just an issue with my MacBook Air.

That said, there were some pot issues reported so that could be the issue, but try with another source first. And you might try holding/taping down the cable while adjusting the volume to make sure it's not a connection issue.

Feb 21, 2015 at 7:07 AM Post #794 of 1,040
  I've had stable connection problems with my MacBook Air. The USB jacks on my Air don't have a really solid connection so the slightest movement of the cable causes power/data drop which comes through as loud crackle/thump. Usually causes a loss of connection with the Fulla which means restarting JRiver.

Kind of annoying, but NOT a problem with my Fulla, just an issue with my MacBook Air.

That said, there were some pot issues reported so that could be the issue, but try with another source first. And you might try holding/taping down the cable while adjusting the volume to make sure it's not a connection issue.

I had the same problem with my MscBook Air, and Schiit sent another mini USB cable, and for the most part it cured the dropping out. Still a tiny bit of noise, but it doesnt drop out. Also, I used a bit of DeOxit on the USB ports.

Feb 25, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #795 of 1,040
Have ordered mine last night. I was first considering to buy FiiO E10K but changed my mind after reading this post thoroughly.

Hope it will works fine for me.

Maybe I will try to write a review of newly bought AD2000X and this Fulla afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back