Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc.
Dec 26, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #556 of 1,040
  It'll have to be more expensive than $79.  Take a look at the prices Amazon is charging for other Schiit products vs directly off their website.  Using Amazon just means you also need to pay a middleman when buying Schiit prices, which jacks up the price.

No bueno. I'll have exactly $80 left to spend for Amazon after I get what I get. I may have to go with the FiiO E10k if I can't get the Fulla for under $85.

Dec 26, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #557 of 1,040
  No bueno. I'll have exactly $80 left to spend for Amazon after I get what I get. I may have to go with the FiiO E10k if I can't get the Fulla for under $85.

Highly doubtful.  Probably $89 + shipping

Dec 26, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #559 of 1,040
  Man, I really wanted the Fulla. I guess i'll see what happens and see what I can do. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/701900/schiit-happened-the-story-of-the-worlds-most-improbable-start-up/2760#post_10894347

Alex/Jason discuss Amazon sales a bit in here.

Dec 26, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #560 of 1,040

A lot of times they have the item on amazon, just under the schiit seller, for the same price as off the website. The only downside to this is you can't bundle to get fee $35 shipping on an order, but you would still be able to use your amazon gift card/credit.

Dec 26, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #561 of 1,040
Depending on Walmart's prices on microSD cards, (hopefully there'll be some after-Christmas sales) I may be able to go up to the ~$90. Nick from Schiit responded to me quickly, and said the Fulla won't be on Amazon for another 6-8 weeks, which is fine. 

Dec 26, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #562 of 1,040

Anyone in cooler climes using the Fulla as a hand warmer ?

Talk about hot Schiit
In the sub-tropics this tiny amp/dac is getting fairly hot, I don't suppose that would affect the longevity 

Never had an external DAC before this tiny thing has convinced me of the aural benefits, now I'm looking for a DAC to go between my computer, my Topping TP20-MK 2 amplifier and my Mission Cyrus speakers
I'll be nagging all my friends to get a Schiit Fulla, I'll put on a demo at my computer club when it starts up again in the new year

Dec 27, 2014 at 2:26 AM Post #563 of 1,040
this sounds amazing! I do have a DF1.0 (I've seen DF1.2 comparisons around here, but apparently 1.0 and 1.2 are kind of different), so do you think FS would be worth the upgrade?  

thanks in advance for any advice... 

Dec 27, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #564 of 1,040
Hey all,

Haven't been on Head-fi in a long time and only here as I've been recently looking for a small amp/DAC for my laptop such as this.  

My biggest concern with these type of small Amp/DACs are how well they play with sensitive/low imp. (as most headphones on the go would fall under this category) headphones in regards to volume control. Particularly if it has any kind of significant volume imbalance at low levels. So my question is 1) For those with very sensitive portable headphones/IEM's, do you find this little amp/DAC to be perfectly usable on lower volume levels, 2) Do you hear any kind of scratching noises/imbalance when adjusting volume (which are typical problems with Fiio and ibasso amp/DACs at this price range)? 3.) Also, do these have those clicking noises in the DAC as sample rate of the songs change? That is the only thing that kept me away from Schiit DACs as I can't stand those noises...

Thanks in advance!

Dec 27, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #565 of 1,040
After some more listening with my Roxanne CIEM:
I can hear very very slight hiss with volume all the way down no music playing, if I turn it up 1/4 turn (no music) the hiss gets more pronounced, which would be expected. (this is WAY past listening level, though)

With music playing and the volume all the way down I can still hear the music playing, so not truly 'zero' volume with pot all the way down.

I just bump the volume up slightly (a degree or less) and the right ear starts getting louder sooner than the left. It evens out very quickly (well below what I would consider a low listening volume).
It does not take much more turning of the dial (a couple degrees) to get to a low listening level and it is even left to right.

If I use my Shure Attachable Volume Control with the Fulla at about 1/4 turn on its volume pot the same imbalance happens and there is still hiss, less but it is still there. But, it does give me much finer/better control of the volume.
With the Shure it is was more difficult to find the imbalance it goes away with a VERY small change in volume.  Missed it the first few times coming off zero of the Shure controller.

Here is info on the Shure volume control for reference. Shure EAADPT-KIT Adapter Kit (Combines 1/4" Adapter, Airline Adapter, Attachable Volume Control)

Hey all,

Haven't been on Head-fi in a long time and only here as I've been recently looking for a small amp/DAC for my laptop such as this.  

My biggest concern with these type of small Amp/DACs are how well they play with sensitive/low imp. (as most headphones on the go would fall under this category) headphones in regards to volume control. Particularly if it has any kind of significant volume imbalance at low levels. So my question is 1) For those with very sensitive portable headphones/IEM's, do you find this little amp/DAC to be perfectly usable on lower volume levels, 2) Do you hear any kind of scratching noises/imbalance when adjusting volume (which are typical problems with Fiio and ibasso amp/DACs at this price range)? 3.) Also, do these have those clicking noises in the DAC as sample rate of the songs change? That is the only thing that kept me away from Schiit DACs as I can't stand those noises...

Thanks in advance!

Dec 27, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #566 of 1,040
  It'll have to be more expensive than $79.  Take a look at the prices Amazon is charging for other Schiit products vs directly off their website.  Using Amazon just means you also need to pay a middleman when buying Schiit prices, which jacks up the price.

I don't know if anybody responded, but the higher price on Amazon covers the Prime, "free" shipping costs. I thought Amazon lost a lawsuit on jacking up the cost to cover the "free" shipping, but still going on.

Dec 27, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #567 of 1,040
I don't know if anybody responded, but the higher price on Amazon covers the Prime, "free" shipping costs. I thought Amazon lost a lawsuit on jacking up the cost to cover the "free" shipping, but still going on.

Amazon Fulfilled also gives you 30 day return and no restocking fee vs. a 15% restocking fee for entry level Schiit (Fulla, Modi, Magni, Vali, etc.) when purchased directly. When it's all said and done, the Amazon Fulfilled way costs a few bucks more but is more flexible for folks that aren't sure they'll keep the Schiit products.

Dec 27, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #568 of 1,040
  Hey all,

Thanks in advance!

I've been labouring over the same issue myself, since I have a pair of sensitive IEMs that I want to use occasionally, as well as my good old HD580s, while on extended trips. 
I abandoned my original plan of using the hi/low gain capability of my O2 after realizing the extra size/weight I would have to deal with vs a Fulla, and just ordered one today. 

The problem has been around for a long time,  (Search "HissBuster" on Headfi for j-curve's 8 year old thread) 

iFi ran into the same issue and have come up with a solution, and now sell them as a separate accessory.  They ran a "name the attenuator" thread on Head-fi
(Google ifi headphone attenuator for a link to sales).

Thinking I might play a little and see what I come up with..

Dec 28, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #569 of 1,040
I just ran into this problem with a Fulla Schiit unit I just received. 

I don't really want to send this back as I'm based in SG and shipping costs are quite expensive. If anyone has the same problem or a solution please let me know.

Here's the problem:
There's a zone on the volume knob that when I turn the volume to, the left ear signal goes 'dead'. By 'dead' I mean the volume dies out. The right ear works perfectly fine. The annoying part is the 'dead zone' is right where I usually listen to!

The problem is not with the headphones (DT770 80ohm) that I'm using because once the volume knob turns past the 'dead zone' the music comes back again with the jack staying perfectly still.

I might post a video if my explanation is unclear.

Dec 28, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #570 of 1,040
Where in the volume knob's range does it happen(use the numbers on a clock face as reference..)?  

Low cost volume controls often have a channel imbalance at the low end of their range, but I doubt that you'd be listening there with the DT770s. 

Your first email should be back to Schiit to discuss it with them.  

Have you tried turning the volume control though its range several times? This might dislodge whatever is getting in the way of the wiper on the left channel.  Does it die out completely?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back