Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc.
Dec 30, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #586 of 1,040
  I guess from your answers that my choice is not really... a choice. I'll see if I can get a Fulla in the near future.

Thanks you both for you help 
wink.gif

I wouldn't be so quick to jump on the Fulla bandwagon until a few more positive testimonials hit the forums (like this one).  While it sounds like SQ is good with the Fulla, the build quality and proper operational consistency seems to be seriously lacking at this point.  Frustration with the volume pot not working correctly, and it being somewhat of an inconvenience to use (for some, not all), the enclosure itself being described by some as too sharp, etc...etc...

I ordered a FiiO E10K and should be receiving it today or tomorrow.  I went with a better built product with a much better track record as far as build quality and reliability goes, and if it doesn't quite reach the sound quality of the Fulla in certain areas, so be it!  I'll take trouble-free performance for a slight drop in SQ anyday.  After all, these little amp/DACs are about convenience.

I also find that there is a lot of hyperbole whenever a new product is introduced and new buyers want to show how much they love their new purchase.  You can find these kinds of exaggerations on almost every thread that is the subject of a new product.  You can find some in the thread for the E10K!

I am genuinely intrigued by the Fulla and down the road will probably pick one up (or its V2 version), but for now it just seems to be too much of a risk taking into account all the problems new Fulla owners are having.  Prospective buyers might want to give Schiit a little time to work out all the bugs before snagging one.

Allen

Dec 30, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #587 of 1,040
I've got a first run and a new unit. I had a host of problems with the first unit but the replacements are rock solid.

Dec 30, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #589 of 1,040
Can anyone please comment how the Fulla will perform with a bass heavy headphone like the X1? Would it balance out the headphone since the X1 has mellowed highs and darker lows? Im going to plug the fulla into my laptop. I already like the soundstage on the X1, will this expand further? Would it be able to power two headphones with a splitter cable? or should I buy the E07K with two outs?

Also, at how much volume do you think the fulla are too loud for you?

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #590 of 1,040

I don't need anything besides the headphone out, perhaps the bass boost might come in handy, but the only use I would give the amp/dac would be with headphones and a laptop. 

I guess from your answers that my choice is not really... a choice. I'll see if I can get a Fulla in the near future.

Thanks you both for you help 
wink.gif

If your source is a laptop, then most music player software is going to have something at least as good as a hardware bass boost in software anyway..

Dec 30, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #591 of 1,040
Anybody using the Fulla with Grados?

Dec 31, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #592 of 1,040
Anyone got the Fulla to work on a MacBook Pro? I don't know why it's not detected on my laptop, it's working fine on my Desktop pc though and it sounds really good with the LCD-2

Edit: nvm, plugging and unplugging for 8472431 times seems to fixed the problem 
beyersmile.png

Dec 31, 2014 at 1:17 AM Post #594 of 1,040
  Can anyone please comment how the Fulla will perform with a bass heavy headphone like the X1? Would it balance out the headphone since the X1 has mellowed highs and darker lows? Im going to plug the fulla into my laptop. I already like the soundstage on the X1, will this expand further? Would it be able to power two headphones with a splitter cable? or should I buy the E07K with two outs?

Also, at how much volume do you think the fulla are too loud for you?

It sounds great with X2s, although treble is slightly gritty but the overall presentation is still pretty enjoyable. It might settle down since both are new.

I can't use it past 8 o'clock or so. It's very powerful. 

Dec 31, 2014 at 9:04 AM Post #595 of 1,040
The problem with the MacBook Pro is that the output power of the USB ports is to low on older models, a friend of mine has a Fulla and has the same experience. You can fix it by plugging it in before booting your MacBook 
biggrin.gif
 On my Late 2013 MBPr and iMac it works like a charm!

Dec 31, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #597 of 1,040
  I need to wait, because santa sucked up all my money 
rolleyes.gif

Fulla is on the purchase list and hopefully I can enjoy them in 2 weeks. 
Really excited to see what it does to my Hifiman HE-400.

If you have the chance, try the Lyr 2 with your HE400. I've had them for 2 years and powered them with the Magni 1 from Schiit and just upgraded to a Lyr 2. It really opens up the bass and makes these headphones sound so damn good, now I'm spoiled and will get rid of the Magni 
tongue.gif

What amp are you using now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back