Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc.
Dec 19, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #451 of 1,040
Ya they are only 30 ohms or so.... they advertise them for iphones, I think.
They sound great straight out of my Moto x.

I just thought I'd post em up.

I cannot get my chromebook to recognize the fulla yet.  It is an early one tho.

They drive my hd580's  good, also he400's and dt770's. Sounds great to me.

edit.....   it does work with my chromebook  

....and I am stuck on  fulla / nad50 combo wow

Dec 19, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #454 of 1,040
Well, I hope I'm not making a mistake here, but I just ordered a FiiO E10K Olympus 2 HP Amp/DAC from Amazon.ca here in Canada.  I've been reading this thread and struggled on which one to get, but in the end decided on the FiiO because of its reliability track record, and also the way it is laid out ergonomically.  I think I'll prefer the front mounted volume pot, as opposed to the Schiit's top-mounted volume control.

I'll probably end up buying the Fulla as well down the road, but decided to take the safe path for now with the FiiO.

I would be interested in hearing any comparisons between the Fulla, and other amps like the E10K, Dragonfly, Explorer etc...

Allen

I actually ordered the Fulla to replace the E10K I bought recently. The FiiO ASIO driver was unstable on my Win 8.1 x64 laptop. The USB recevier is also incompatible with ASIO4ALL. I just hooked up the Fulla, fired up ASIO4ALL and now I'm good to go.

Dec 20, 2014 at 3:24 AM Post #455 of 1,040
I actually ordered the Fulla to replace the E10K I bought recently. The FiiO ASIO driver was unstable on my Win 8.1 x64 laptop. The USB recevier is also incompatible with ASIO4ALL. I just hooked up the Fulla, fired up ASIO4ALL and now I'm good to go.

betwenn fulla and e10k which do you think sounds better? cause i was reccomended both of them. did you do direct comparison between the two, cause i think it's best way to say which sounds better. thanks

Dec 20, 2014 at 8:44 AM Post #456 of 1,040

Well, I'm a little concerned now, as I will be using the E10K primarily on my HP Pavilion Win 8.1 x64 laptop through Foobar2000.  

Could you please explain what ASIO4ALL is, and what affect this incompatibility had on the FiiO's performance?

Thanks,

Allen

Dec 20, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #457 of 1,040

Well, I'm a little concerned now, as I will be using the E10K primarily on my HP Pavilion Win 8.1 x64 laptop through Foobar2000.  

Could you please explain what ASIO4ALL is, and what affect this incompatibility had on the FiiO's performance?

Thanks,

Allen

I traversed the same arc... www.asio.gov.au - Australian Security Intelligence Organisation?  Probably not...

Then I came across this:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_Stream_Input/Output

In case you want to do some background reading before 370lbgorilla gets a chance to respond.  You can probably get some pre-sales support from FiiO, as well...

Dec 20, 2014 at 9:17 AM Post #458 of 1,040
  I traversed the same arc... www.asio.gov.au - Australian Security Intelligence Organisation?  Probably not...

Then I came across this:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_Stream_Input/Output

In case you want to do some background reading before 370lbgorilla gets a chance to respond.  You can probably get some pre-sales support from FiiO, as well...

Oops...meant before PoobBubes gets a chance to respond...  Gotta drink coffee before responding...

Dec 20, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #459 of 1,040

Thanks,

Allen

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Output_Modes

In order to use ASIO, you need an ASIO driver for your DAC. It's best to try the manufacturer's first but if that doesn't work or if they do not provide one, you can use ASIO4ALL, which is a universal ASIO driver for DACs/sound cards. 

I was able to use WASAPI but in my case I will be using Spotify Premium with HIFI-CABLE & ASIO-Bridge (http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/) at work (I tried Fidelify and did not like the interface). I also did direct SQ comparison between Direct Sound and ASIO, with ASIO being the clear winner.

I just got the Fulla yesterday and my FiiO is at work. I might swing by and pick it up today so I can do some SQ comparisons tonight.

Dec 20, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #460 of 1,040
  In order to use ASIO, you need an ASIO driver for your DAC. It's best to try the manufacturer's first but if that doesn't work or if they do not provide one, you can use ASIO4ALL, which is a universal ASIO driver for DACs/sound cards. 

I was able to use WASAPI but in my case I will be using Spotify Premium with HIFI-CABLE & ASIO-Bridge (http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/) at work (I tried Fidelify and did not like the interface). I also did direct SQ comparison between Direct Sound and ASIO, with ASIO being the clear winner.

I just got the Fulla yesterday and my FiiO is at work. I might swing by and pick it up today so I can do some SQ comparisons tonight.

Well, I see that the FiiO site has the ASIO driver download available in their Support section.  I will download that after registering the E10K.

This brings up another concern on my part that hopefully someone will be able to clarify for me.  Will installing the ASIO driver effectively defeat the Meier Crossfeed filter and preset EQ settings in Foobar2000, or will it still allow these to be active for playback?  I ask because I find the crossfeed filter is mandatory for me to enjoy listening through cans, and also, I do find gentle EQ a benefit as well.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the Fulla / FiiO sound quality comparison.

Allen

Dec 20, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #462 of 1,040
  31 pages and Is till don't know what this schiit sounds like.

hahah true that.

still not a single real sonic review of the fulla yet.

Dec 20, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #463 of 1,040
Just got my fulla this morning.  Only a few songs in so far but pleased with the sound, will try to get more detailed thoughts when I have time to really pay attention.

Smaller device than I was anticipating.  No issues with the volume knob.  The back is definitely sharper than the front, but not something I would notice if I wasn't specifically looking at it.

Dec 20, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #464 of 1,040
Yes, that was my point.  I should have been more specific.  If your laptop sound quality blows, the Fulla should be a nice improvement.  However, going between my iphone 6+ and my Asgard 2...not worth the time it takes to find one of my 3.5>6.5mm adapters, if only taking into consideration the HP50.  I think it's a damn fine sounding headphone and one of the few that I can switch to after using my HD800 and not be disappointed.  

Dec 20, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #465 of 1,040
I just got my Fulla today. I love the size of it, and thus far the sound quality is good (using my M50x's), but the sharp edges and small volume knob are deal breakers for me. The edges on the inner top side of the unit are in my opinion very sharp. I honestly believe if you go to turn the volume knob at just the right angle and right speed, you could cut yourself. The corners are sharp too, but the inner top part is the worst because your skin slides across the edge when you go to turn the knob. Just FYI, I would describe myself as having large but slender hands.

As for the knob, I find it difficult to grip. If the sharp outer metal casing weren't overlapping the top of the unit, the knob size might be acceptable. However, because you have to be careful not to scrape again the edges, it's hard to get a good grip easily.

I wish Schiit would have charged an extra $20 and finished the case a little better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back