Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc.
Dec 19, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #438 of 1,040
No problem here with the volume knob. It could have been knurled. But it moves just fine nice and smooth. Not difficult at all one finger or two. And I don't have "kid size" anything.
biggrin.gif

The edges could have been deburred better and the corners could have been rounded off...I have no worries about getting cut...but that's just me.

+1 

Dec 19, 2014 at 5:54 AM Post #440 of 1,040

Not really a fair comparison:

Fulla is a dac/amp, and the e12a is strictly an amp.
Fulla is usb powered, e12a is battery powered

So one dominates the other substantially is what you seem to be saying. Which one is it?

And this can be used with portable devices right, with something like LO to micro USB cable?

Dec 19, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #441 of 1,040
I do have the Fulla working out of my tablet. Had to enable "USB tweak 1" and "Force 1 packet per transfer" options in USB audio player pro. There are some clicking noises every so often. So not the cleanest signal so far. I will have to play around with the settings and see what happens.

Dec 19, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #442 of 1,040
No problem here with the volume knob. It could have been knurled. But it moves just fine nice and smooth. Not difficult at all one finger or two. And I don't have "kid size" anything.
biggrin.gif

The edges could have been deburred better and the corners could have been rounded off...I have no worries about getting cut...but that's just me.

I don't have mine yet (so please take what follows with a grain of salt).  It's coming today, according to USPS but it is a Christmas present from my wife (albeit not a surprise) so I am under strict instructions to not open it until the 25th.  Sigh...  It's worse than if I didn't know I was getting it...

That aside aside, the one thing that did occur to me is that the knob might be hard to operate with gloves or mittens on due to the fact that it isn't knurled.  But then, how many of us are likely to be using it in the snow?  That's just my photographer instincts kicking in.  :)

Personally, I do appreciate all of the details that Schiit put in to the design of this new product and I am sure that all of the design issues that people are noting (and some complaining about) were trade-offs made to keep the end cost of the product down.  As a constantly cash-poor parent of two, I appreciate that because that cost calculus is the main factor which brought the cost down to the realm of the possible for me.  I will gladly accept those cost saving measures as a result. 

If people want more finish, perhaps looking up the product line might be in order.  Or, if we all vote with our feet, so to speak and make the product highly successful, perhaps down the line Schiit might consider a v.2 or a new higher tier mini-amp/dac combo which incorporates some of the cosmetic design changes people are starting to voice....

I'll have more to say when I am finally allowed to open my new toy (though I will not be able to make any comparative reviews as I only have a pair of Havi B3 Pro 1s to test on it, at least so far).  Sorry!  Send me a spare pair of LCD-3s and I would be happy to send you my opinions, but you might have a hard time prying them back!  :wink:

For those irked by speculative posts from people who have never even handled the product they are talking about, my apologies in advance...

Dec 19, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #443 of 1,040
Fedex was good to me today.

I  could live with this just fine....if it was all I had.

Real nice....both of them

edit.....They are both literally still cold from the trip but I prefer it my fiio e10k which I thought was pretty nice.

I am used to my magni modi......   Hate to become such a fanyboy at my advanced age...

Dec 19, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #444 of 1,040

edit.....They are both literally still cold from the trip but I prefer it my fiio e10k witch I thought was pretty nice.

I am used to my magni modi......   Hate to become such a fanyboy at my advanced age...

Can't help it, but this was my first thought:

Dec 19, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #446 of 1,040
Well, I hope I'm not making a mistake here, but I just ordered a FiiO E10K Olympus 2 HP Amp/DAC from Amazon.ca here in Canada.  I've been reading this thread and struggled on which one to get, but in the end decided on the FiiO because of its reliability track record, and also the way it is laid out ergonomically.  I think I'll prefer the front mounted volume pot, as opposed to the Schiit's top-mounted volume control.

I'll probably end up buying the Fulla as well down the road, but decided to take the safe path for now with the FiiO.

I would be interested in hearing any comparisons between the Fulla, and other amps like the E10K, Dragonfly, Explorer etc...

Allen

Dec 19, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #447 of 1,040
You will like the fiio just fine...    I still use in the bedroom for the lineout/ speakers.

Dec 19, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #448 of 1,040

edit.....They are both literally still cold from the trip but I prefer it my fiio e10k which I thought was pretty nice.

Are those HP50's? You're likely to get 0 benefit from amping them :p

Dec 19, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #449 of 1,040
You have never heard a laptop soundcard......   the dac alone is quite an improvment.

Dec 19, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #450 of 1,040
  You have never heard a laptop soundcard......   the dac alone is quite an improvment.

He's talking about how the HP50 doesn't really benefit from amping, not how it doesn't benefit from the fulla.  >.<

Users who are viewing this thread

Back