Full size and lightweight headphones specific use
Jan 22, 2014 at 3:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

djtronmix

New Head-Fier
Hi I just bought a full size ATH-M50 and after 1 week of use, I found it not to be portable in 30 min walking to & from office/day + 1hr/day metro train commute (and people are looking at me because of its size :) I'm not sure if I will still use it outside even on cold months. Comfort is ok now as it's winter now but I'm afraid during summer months, my ears will be sweaty.

I've tried to refund or exchange it from the retail shop but they refuse. i'm planning to sell it but I'm not sure if I'll get the same price I bought it.

I've 2 questions:

1. So considering if I want to keep it and decided to buy a lightweight headphone (dt 1350, hd25-1 250 or px 200 ii) to be my out of home headphone, where I will use my M50 when I seldom listen at home?

2. By the way, what do you guys recommend between the 3 lightweight headphones above to complement my M50 supposed usage? I listen to rock, techno, electronica, dance, mellow, pop and classical and I love bass. Price is ok considering it will compliment my M50 supposed ysage. It will definetly a long time before I will replace the M50 and the lightweight headphone. I will buy soon if I cannot stand it that its not really portable.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Tron

Jan 22, 2014 at 6:42 AM Post #2 of 2
For mobility and bass, I would recommend Sennheiser Momentum On-Ears. If bass isn't the most important thing in the world, full size Momentums are more comfortable (as long as you don't have very big ears) and have an amazing SQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back