Frustrated
Dec 21, 2015 at 9:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

dhmcclain1

Head-Fier
Hi guys. I am a newish member, but an absolute neophyte when it comes to using the forums.
A wee bit overwhelming for an aging, hard of hearing, bifocal wearing tech challenged person
such as myself. I have asked a couple questions and received a couple replies to one of my
pleas for help. The others have gone unanswered I presume because I asked for help in the
wrong places. :) From what I have seen, most folks get plenty of help, and everyone seems
to be willing to help us newbs.
The whole point of this is that I am going to ask for help here. If this is the wrong place for
my question, please be kind enough to direct me to the proper place. :) Thanks. Here goes:

I have a Fiio E07k which has ceased to function. I can charge it, tho it doesn't always seem to hold a charge.
When I turn it on, the blue LED lights up, but the display does not work. I figure it is a battery problem,
but I don't know, Anyone have any thoughts? Is it hard to replace the battery?
Thank you.

Dec 21, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #3 of 10
great time to get a new toy...  after u exhausted alchemist. :p

Dec 21, 2015 at 11:49 PM Post #4 of 10
Hi guys. I am a newish member, but an absolute neophyte when it comes to using the forums.
A wee bit overwhelming for an aging, hard of hearing, bifocal wearing tech challenged person
such as myself. I have asked a couple questions and received a couple replies to one of my
pleas for help. The others have gone unanswered I presume because I asked for help in the
wrong places. :) From what I have seen, most folks get plenty of help, and everyone seems
to be willing to help us newbs.
The whole point of this is that I am going to ask for help here. If this is the wrong place for
my question, please be kind enough to direct me to the proper place. :) Thanks. Here goes:

I have a Fiio E07k which has ceased to function. I can charge it, tho it doesn't always seem to hold a charge.
When I turn it on, the blue LED lights up, but the display does not work. I figure it is a battery problem,
but I don't know, Anyone have any thoughts? Is it hard to replace the battery?
Thank you.

Hello McClain,

I'm a FiiO representative here on head-fi. :)

Your E07K needs service. Whether in or out of warranty, all you usually have to do is to contact the dealer you bought the E07K from and ask them to take your unit back to us for service. The dealer may or may not be equipped to do this directly; if not, just ask them for the contact email of the distributor they got their FiiO stock from and ask the distributor directly to service your E07K. :)

The above assume you bought from a dealer in your country. If you bought internationally, you should contact support@fiio.net directly. You would have to ship the unit to us in China yourself in that case. :xf_eek:

Best regards,
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 22, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #5 of 10
Thanks music alchemist. I suspect it would be both cheaper and faster to just
replace the dang thing. Just ordered 2 new Daps, just in time for my Fiio to
decide to call it a day. I've had it long enough that it is well out of warranty.
Never really got much use. For whatever reason, I didn't notice much
of a difference in SQ when I first got it, so kind of ignored it for awhile.
Noticed a big difference when I tried it later, so am thinking I may
want to replace it. A bit leery of Fiio products, but......alot of positive
reviews, etc.

Dec 22, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #7 of 10
Sir, thanks for your reply.  I imagine it would be costly and would take quite some time
to send it in for service. :) Probably going to replace it, but I may try to replace the
battery myself. The E07k is out of warranty. Probably not worth the trouble to try and
get it serviced.

Dec 22, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #9 of 10
I am trying to control myself to a budget on a gear tat i can afford to throw away
after say 3 years of use....repairs i hate repairs the cost the time the mystery

Users who are viewing this thread

Back