From iPod to HD650 - what do I need to build a system?
Dec 29, 2008 at 2:56 AM Post #31 of 38
krushgroove3.jpg

LL Cool J yo
wink.gif

Dec 29, 2008 at 3:18 AM Post #32 of 38
Youd probably be better off switching out your ipod for an iriver h120 or 140 and using digital out, but thats if you want to keep a sort of portable media server.

If not youd probably be better off using your computer digitally to a dac to an amp then your hd650s, but it depends how far into this process you want to get.

If you want to go all out, drop some cash on a balanced rig early on such as a balanced b22 and a balanced cable/dac...I dont think you will find many people who dislike a balanced hd650 bein fed by a quality source and b22.

Unfortunately in this hobby there is always somehting bigger and better out there, the thing is to know when you have reached the sound you desire or when you hit the apex of the price performance curve then you decide its not worth it to upgrade or you like your setup, then you run the risk of different transducers, its a terrible cycle.

Best of luck,
Dave

Dec 29, 2008 at 11:10 AM Post #33 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by dallan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am first on the waiting list for a Zana Deux, any day now! It is the amp for the 650s. Buuuut more $ than $600. EUR if i know my conversion.

I'm yet to be prepared to spend 2k$ on a headphone dedicated amp...
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 29, 2008 at 11:11 AM Post #34 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmmo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't need to have a portable solution, so I'm considering buying a good amp as a first step.

For driving the HD650, the Graham Slee Solo at around 360 EUR seems to be a great choice. However I wouldn't mind paying a little more (around 600 EUR) for a better quality (and looking) amp.

On this price range, I've found the Rudistor NX-03 and the Stello HP100. Is any of these amps really an upgrade?

Or should I forget the 600 EUR price range since a real upgrade would take much more?

Thanks!

No opinion regarding the Graham Slee Solo vs. Rudistor NX-03 vs. Stello HP100?

Thanks!

Jan 1, 2009 at 3:22 PM Post #36 of 38
That looks very nice. Tell us how it sounds.

Jan 2, 2009 at 6:09 AM Post #37 of 38
do tell us how it sounds - I sure am very interested
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back