From Denon d1000 to D2000
Oct 2, 2010 at 12:38 AM Post #16 of 21

Quote:
Sorry, I've never heard any Denon yet.  But, I can try to compare it to HD600, AKG702, HF-5, Miles Davis, PFE and PX 100ii.

I really want to hear your comparison between the d1100 and the hd600. From reading other threads, many people compare the hd600 to the d2000. I imagine that the hd600 and d1100 may share some qualities. 

Oct 2, 2010 at 2:59 AM Post #17 of 21
Cool
smily_headphones1.gif

IZ has some great stuff
smily_headphones1.gif
like any Genre its not for everyone but he is a legend in the islands ! 

I hope you like the D2000 of course
smily_headphones1.gif

yeah curious about the sound after break in?  sadly I wont remember how it was I imagine
smily_headphones1.gif
hehehehe but that is also why I wanted to mention the hours I had on them 
I do like the more open sound and feel of them its funny I have been wearing mine enough now that the other ones for sure feel and sound a bit more like headphones and no way can I go back to the grado ? 
it will be really interesting to hear your feedback on them ? I hope I described them as best I could ? 
worst case send em back I guess
smily_headphones1.gif

now thinking of a amp ? seems like I might try that schiit asgard ? dont want to pay more than that and the return policy seems good ? might wait till I have about 150 hours on them then go for it 
been scouring the amp stuff reading 

Oct 5, 2010 at 4:18 PM Post #18 of 21
I just wanted to update my situation with the d2000. So i've ordered them over the weekend, and i just received them literally 15 minutes ago. 

My initial impression are... these cans scream quality. compared to the d1001, there is absolutely no comparison when it comes to build and finish. Extremely comfortable as well. The d1001 may be more comfortable because its lighter and . The extra weight on the d2000 add more pressure on the head padding. 

Besides being completely satisfied with the finish and build, the sound quality is fantastic. The sound quality greatly surpasses my expectation. I expected the d2000 to be slightly more detailed with better detail, but i found out that the d2000 offers much more than that. The differences are day and night to me. The sound is not different, but the degree of improvement is day and night. 

I'll update again later once i listen to these more. As of now, i'm more than satisfied with the sound right out of the box. These are the first headphones that i'm satisfied with right out of the box. I don't see how these can get better for the price i bought them. 

Oct 13, 2010 at 4:06 AM Post #19 of 21
cant wait to hear more and how ya liking them after some time
smily_headphones1.gif
 and if ya think the bass is better controlled ? 

I guess you and I at least think they are a solid upgrade
smily_headphones1.gif

the weight thing ? I am used to it my ears sweat a bit if I have them on for hours ? but then again the 1001 I cant have on for hours as I want my ears to take a break 

not sure if mine are sounding better or I am just more used to them but still the same love and agree they are nice looking
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 15, 2010 at 2:09 AM Post #20 of 21
Thanks Honu, you're description of these headphones were spot on. When I heard these headphones, It bested my expectation, I didn't know it was going to be THAT much better than the D1001. To me, the D1001 and D2000 aren't in the same class, the D2000 just does every single thing better. A lot of people say that they sound like different headphones. I agree and I disagree. The D2000 does share some qualities with the D1000, such as bass heavy, slightly recessed mids, and sharp highs. But since it does everything so much better, it doesn't sound like they are related. 

All in all, I'm glad that I bought the D2000. When I first tried them on, I thought the sound was excellent. As of today, I have about 100+ hours on them. They seem to get better and better; but I can tell that the improvements are coming to a plateau. I've been using these everyday, for over a week now, and they are currently my favorite headphones for now. When ever I switch back to the sr80 or ms2, it sounds too bright and sharp. When I listen to the dt880, it just doesn't sound as "fun" as the D2000. Another thing I like about the D2000 is that it seems to play well with all music genres. 

I'm currently thinking about upgrading the D2000 cable. The cable is really stiff and lengthy. If I can upgrade the cable for ergonomic purposes and also improve the sound quality, then it'll be 2 birds with 1 stone. I'm wondering if the mogami cables will improve the sound compared to the stock cable. 

Oct 17, 2010 at 3:26 AM Post #21 of 21
since I was wondering how the DT880 would have been
smily_headphones1.gif
glad you like your D200 better 

the cable ? hmm a love hate thing 
is stiff I end up laying it across my lap and then back or it just binds and pulls ? not sure if I want to pay for a new cable ? so if you do please post 

I would like a bit softer less stiff cable when at the desk 

would you do the cable yourself or have it done ? any links ? I have read a few here that use a certain person ? forgot but can find it but any info ? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back