Friends with bad taste in headphones
Jul 11, 2010 at 5:46 PM Post #16 of 22
At least your friend used to have a pair of Grados. When I tell my friends and co-workers about this new hobby of mine, they just look at me blankly.

Jul 11, 2010 at 5:48 PM Post #17 of 22
He's my brother from another mother. 

I'm happy to have his as my friend, even if his taste in audio kinda sucks.

beerchug.gif

Jul 11, 2010 at 5:51 PM Post #18 of 22

Quote:
Yeah I recently tried to dissuade a coworker from buying beats. I let him listen to my Pro 750s which he really seemed to like. However, I lost hope when he said "Wow, these sound better than a car stereo." He really seemed interested but the beats have him utterly entranced. Oh well, I tried.

Jul 11, 2010 at 8:01 PM Post #21 of 22
Buying him another pair of Grados might not be a great idea if he broke his last... They're not exactly top notch in the quality control area. Maybe a pair of Sennheiser HD25s, SRH840s or some other indestructible headphone might do the trick-- it could be possible that if his cheapo headphones has lasted him this long, he might have a sour taste in his mouth from an easily broken past Hi-Fi headphone. 

See what qualities he likes best from his music (lows, mids or highs) and work your headphone gift around that.

Jul 11, 2010 at 8:11 PM Post #22 of 22
My guess is that he "listens differently."Not like head-fi's where its the sum experience.People with the worse audio gear? musicians.To understand, question him how he perceves the music. And leave him alone.
Maybe he just has clogged and dirty ears (ball of earwax).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back