Friendly reminder not to EVER use USPS Parcel Post!
Nov 13, 2008 at 7:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

troymadison

Headphoneus Supremus
After going through a couple of weeks of visiting and calling the post office, the package I sent on the 22nd of October finally arrived today (12th) to the buyer. What made the situation even more stressful was the fact that the buyer had me on paypal dispute for well over a week.
It took exactly 21 days for the package to get delivered! I guess I didn't read the fine print that Priority and Parcel post does not guarantee a delivery time frame. That 2-7 days for parcel post is only an estimate. I even asked USPS on the phone and they said that 4 week transit time isn't unusual! To prove that I am not making this up, just look at my DC number.
parcelms9.jpg

Nov 13, 2008 at 8:15 AM Post #2 of 34
Slightly OT, but a pair of headphones I sent to the UK took 5 days to arrive...in the UK, but then another week before the local PO got off their arses and delivered them!

Nov 13, 2008 at 9:51 AM Post #4 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Slightly OT, but a pair of headphones I sent to the UK took 5 days to arrive...in the UK, but then another week before the local PO got off their arses and delivered them!

Sounds about the norm....
frown.gif

Nov 13, 2008 at 4:31 PM Post #8 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is why parcel post is cheaper. If you want fast, you pay for the extra speed.

True, but the only service they guarantee on time is their most expensive one which is express mail. If you don't use their most expensive service, you might have to wait 4 weeks...

Nov 13, 2008 at 4:36 PM Post #9 of 34
Yup. If you want a guarantee, you pay for it. If you want better service, you pay for it.

Priority mail domestically is still one of the best deals going for shipping.

Nov 13, 2008 at 4:44 PM Post #10 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yup. If you want a guarantee, you pay for it. If you want better service, you pay for it.

Priority mail domestically is still one of the best deals going for shipping.

So you don't think that a package taking 3 times the original projective time frame isn't ridiculous? I guess you're very patient.

Nov 13, 2008 at 4:55 PM Post #13 of 34
I don't know about patient but usually I find that parcel post is a waste as compared to the price of Priority or ground shipping from Fed Ex or UPS.

Nov 13, 2008 at 5:03 PM Post #15 of 34
Not sure about parcel post, but USPS has always been my preferred shipping method when buying from the states. Too many headaches with FedEx and UPS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back