Friend wants gaming headset (Even after I suggested the almighty AD700's)
Aug 21, 2012 at 11:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Millsie

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

Just as the title states, friend wants a headset for gaming and voice chat...  I tried suggesting headphones + a clip on mic but he wants a proper headset.

Hes looking at this list of headphones http://i.imgur.com/Okr2a.jpg from a local online website (pricespy.co.nz)

Cheers for your time and suggestions

OH! Hes got no sound card and probably doesn't intend on getting one unless he can get one cheap

p.p.s His budget is around 200NZD

Aug 21, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #3 of 8
Wow, that's a pretty awesome mic.
I might actually pick one up myself pretty cheap too!
I wonder how easily it will come off though, might pay to stick something into the connection

Aug 22, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:
You Oceanians get shafted HARD.

Jesus, $156 for Siberia v2s...

Tell me about it, because it has to go from USA distributor - > international exporter -> local importer -> headphone shop..
Or they just like putting a mark up between the USA distributor and the online shop... D:

Can't wait to move to the US being the 'centre of the world' sure would help.

Quote:

Stick into what connection? I have a modmic, I can help explain how the thing works.

Oh, well the mic has to connect to the headphones right, (since the modmic can be unattached from the headphones - correct?) How easily does the mic unattach? Since I bed game often my cables get tugged quite a bit.. lol
(Ugh, did I explain that right?)

Aug 22, 2012 at 1:00 AM Post #7 of 8
The base of the mic attaches to the headphone via two sided tape.  The base detaches from the mic via a magnet.  So as far as actually detaching and attaching the mic goes, it's both very easy and a very stable connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back