Friday the 13th...
Feb 14, 2004 at 1:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

RickG

Electrostatic Elvis
I dunno, I'm not supersticious...I just don't believe in this stuff. Nevertheless, ever since I got up this morning, it's been one thing after another. I mean coffee maker problems, tooth ache problems, computer problems...

I could go on and on.

I'm sorta embarrassed that I posted this, however, I'm also glad this day is winding down.

eek.gif

Feb 14, 2004 at 1:24 AM Post #3 of 41
I was born on the 13th and my favorite number is 666.

My address has 13 and 666 in it.

I'm bumm'in though. If I was the anti-christ I'd have the Sennheiser Orpheus but I don't so I guess it's not me.

Mitch

Feb 14, 2004 at 1:52 AM Post #4 of 41
Well, I've had one bad thing and one good thing occur.

The bad thing was waking up with an incredibly sore throat and stuffy sinuses. I felt miserable, so I stayed in bed.

The good thing was answering a phone call while lying in bed. I almost decided to let it ring. It turned out to be a client who insists on paying me based on results rather than the hours I put in for him. Most of his problems are easy to figure out, so I usually put in a few minutes and problem solved. Anyway, his company's mailserver had been frozen since last night due to him fooling around with it, so I SSH in and remotely restart it. 30 seconds total work. He phones an hour later to say that an important e-mail concerning a multimillion-dollar land development deal had been caught in the gateway awaiting his attention. If it had waited any longer, he would have missed a deadline. As a result, he's sending me a four-figure cheque to show his gratitude.

So, it looks like the new amp that I've been thinking about, but dithering on because of the cost, will soon be mine.

D.

Feb 14, 2004 at 2:07 AM Post #5 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by Demolition
So, it looks like the new amp that I've been thinking about, but dithering on because of the cost, will soon be mine.

Great!

Seriously man, I'm glad things worked out well for you today...

wink.gif

Feb 14, 2004 at 3:27 AM Post #7 of 41
No real complaints here, I woke up about 1 in the afternoon, wandered in to the office and ordered myself the best Dell laptop I could build off their site and put in about two hours of work and went home. The worst thing in my life today was I had to settle for the 3.4 GHz processor instead of the 3.4 extreme...
biggrin.gif

Feb 14, 2004 at 3:53 AM Post #8 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by Demolition

D.

Psst, hey buddy. Wanna buy a KGSS?

Feb 14, 2004 at 3:56 AM Post #9 of 41
Nothing bad happend to me today. I saw an accident on the way to work, no one hurt. It looks like Mom won't need to go toa convelescent home and my speakers and Melos showed up today.

Feb 14, 2004 at 3:58 AM Post #10 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
Psst, hey buddy. Wanna buy a KGSS?

Blue Hawaii time???? I just love that name. I might have to buy some Stax just to own that amp. If I could just get past headphones that fart.
cool.gif

Feb 14, 2004 at 4:01 AM Post #11 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by lextek
...If I could just get past headphones that fart.
cool.gif

You just need to raise and lower them off your head more slowly. That way they don't fart on you. Amazingly, the sound can be quite loud.

Feb 14, 2004 at 4:04 AM Post #12 of 41
My damn zipper broke on my jacket pocket today. All I did was zip it closed and now it won't open, or move at all for that matter. This sucks. My cell phone was in that pocket too. Luckily, I was able to rip the zipper open to get the phone, but the zipper is still stuck.

Feb 14, 2004 at 4:14 AM Post #13 of 41
Been a fine day for me.
tongue.gif

Feb 14, 2004 at 4:46 AM Post #15 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
Today was a great day for me, ok not great, just normal and nothing bad happen
smily_headphones1.gif

hey look, 6000 posts!!!!!!

eek.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Congrats on the 6K mark KR.