Frequencys/Songs with "effect" on the human body
May 22, 2024 at 5:39 PM Post #166 of 447
What controls did you apply to your test to avoid bias and perceptual error? A professional would know that line level matched, blind, direct A/B switched comparison with multiple trials averaged is the best way to avoid error. Is that what you did? I’m interested in how you conducted your test.

May 22, 2024 at 8:38 PM Post #168 of 447
Ha Ha! Mr Brilliant Pebbles!!!

May 23, 2024 at 12:14 AM Post #171 of 447
In a strange way, I don’t have an issue with your content. If it’s not parody, the claims are so over the top that if someone’s “Spidey sense” isn’t going off, I blame that on the consumer. Since you have a cart and a seemingly legitimate PayPal account, it does seem like there is available product for sale.

And given the lack of knowledge demonstrated by some of the threads/posts across HF, I suspect there’s a customer base for the your products. Everyone needs a Quantum Temple Bell in their system once in their lives…

Whether it’s serious or a lark, bravo sir!

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 12:35 AM Post #172 of 447
Your reputation precedes you!

We have grudging admiration for unabashed snake oil and shameless hoodoo!

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 2:44 AM Post #173 of 447
Are you the same Geoff Kait listed as the contact email of this website? https://www.machinadynamica.com/
If yes, I hope the products and content is satire.
Good spot, I hope it’s satire too. There are some real gems in there, I particularly liked the old green marker pen mention, it’s years since that one had everyone “rolling in the aisles”. The “Dark matter white paper” was impressive too but maybe it should have been “Dark matter black paper”, just a thought! lol
I’m starting to get a bad feeling.
“Starting”? Didn’t you have a “bad feeling” before you started posting in this thread, in this subforum?

G

May 23, 2024 at 6:28 AM Post #174 of 447
Is this the I hate Geoff Kait sub forum? I’m posting here because I bring good tidings for headphone users. I recently found out how to get the soundstage completely outside the confines of the headphones. Up to 10 or 20 feet outside the headphones. This is big. Big big. That’s generally the reason people won’t listen on headphones, right? They don’t like the “inside your head” sound.

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 7:42 AM Post #175 of 447
Does it involve putting gravel in a dongle plug?

May 23, 2024 at 3:55 PM Post #177 of 447
I’m posting here because I bring good tidings for headphone users. I recently found out how to get the soundstage completely outside the confines of the headphones. Up to 10 or 20 feet outside the headphones
I already have that with my Smyth Realiser A16 using personal PRIRs and HPEQs, and also using (free) HeSuVi with my personal hrtf based preset (extracted from my A16 using (free) Impulcifer, of course a direct measurement with Impulcifer is also possible then you don't need an expensive A16, it's just that I happen to have it anyway).

So, how does your solution adapt to one's personal hrtf? (Which is a necessity to get proper out-of-head soundstage.)

May 23, 2024 at 4:30 PM Post #178 of 447
With garden gravel wrapped in tin foil

May 23, 2024 at 5:48 PM Post #179 of 447
I already have that with my Smyth Realiser A16 using personal PRIRs and HPEQs, and also using (free) HeSuVi with my personal hrtf based preset (extracted from my A16 using (free) Impulcifer, of course a direct measurement with Impulcifer is also possible then you don't need an expensive A16, it's just that I happen to have it anyway).

So, how does your solution adapt to one's personal hrtf? (Which is a necessity to get proper out-of-head soundstage.)
What’s an hrtf? My solution is rather complicated and is the ONLY way to obtain the real soundstage, the one that’s contained in the recording. Part of my solution is playing acoustic Schumann frequency prior to and during listening session. Another important aspect is how I’m now treating CDs, one is a spray optical enhancer that makes the polycarbonate layer act like optical glass. The other one, alas, is still classified/under test. Attention to scattered laser light inside the transport and stabilizing the disc are important too. My approach generally speaking is holistic, for example, I’m very careful about what objects I allow in the room. Clocks and watches and cellphones are strictly verboten.

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 6:14 PM Post #180 of 447
Another important aspect is how I’m now treating CDs
Disc golf? I'm a strong believer of showing the CDs big spaces and serious air time for real soundstage.

HRTF is head related transfer function. It's how the sound coming from a given direction is altered by our body before reaching our eardrums. It's part of what our brain learns to recognize as audio cues for sound localization.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back