Frequency Test: How much can u hear?
Jan 1, 2009 at 2:14 PM Post #61 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by nick_charles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting but not quite the same thing. You can frequently lowpass music that has a lot of high freqency components and not notice the difference until the filter is set remarkably low, this does not mean you cannot hear those frequencies.

It means you can't hear them in the presence of other sounds (same idea behind lossy compression).

FWIW, I could ABX the 20.5 khz sample (lots of concentration and "let the force guide me", but repeatably 8/10 right). I don't remember the whole tone of the music, but the key element for me was the harmonics of some bells.

I got zip on the 21 khz sample.

After I was well used to those bells at various low pass, I could reliably tell the difference at 17 kHz in the ABX test while ONLY listening to the X sample.
To me that is the minimum standard if someone starts saying "The difference is obvious"

Jan 2, 2009 at 6:33 PM Post #63 of 120
Around 19ish. But i figure this is kindof unfair as you could simply tweak the volume by yourself in order for the tones to be more easily audible?

Jan 6, 2009 at 7:13 AM Post #64 of 120
19k here. I hear it quite distinctly though so Im wondering if that is more a limit of my stock X-Fi (sad I know XD) or my hearing. My phones can handle no problem with the upper range going to 35k (presumably the standard -3dB). From 17k on I HAD to take the phones off, just way too painful (and my volume is quite low).

I can just barely make out the 10Hz for the low frequency. Maybe thats why Ive been a bass hound all my life without being aware of the fact XD

I could make out to -48dB but that was with 2.5 Men in the background on TV and I could have possibly turned the volume up a bit more.

Jan 12, 2009 at 7:54 AM Post #66 of 120
Right between 18 and 19K with "ok" speakers and now my ears won't stop ringing. Augh!

[edit] Wait that's the refrigerator.

Had to do it on manual because I would be able to hear a signal but not the one they wanted me to find.

Jan 15, 2009 at 11:58 PM Post #68 of 120
What. I didn't think my hearing was this bad :/

Using HD600's from my laptop:
withoutampkc4.png

Using HD600's from my upgraded Zero Dac/Amp:
withampdu1.png

I'm only 20 :/

Jan 16, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #69 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by OmegaSephiroth /img/forum/go_quote.gif

withoutampkc4.png

withampdu1.png

That's either your soundcard or you need to see an audiologist right away.

Jan 19, 2009 at 8:41 AM Post #71 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by OmegaSephiroth /img/forum/go_quote.gif

withoutampkc4.png

withampdu1.png

You may qualify to park in handicapped spaces if those are really your ears.

Jan 19, 2009 at 4:38 PM Post #72 of 120
okay ..i took the test at digital recordings website.

this was a more accurate test..and i am surprised i can hear upto 20 khz.

hearingtestar6.png

Jan 23, 2009 at 6:39 PM Post #73 of 120
I can hear up to around 14khz, I'm 40 now. I remember few years ago I can hear up to around 16k.

Jan 25, 2009 at 8:17 PM Post #75 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i thought i had this problem too, expect i heard better with my left. then i flipped my headphones on backwards and i could hear better with the other ear.
icon10.gif

stupid headphones!

you should also try to invert the sound from left to right and right to left, windows lets you do that by going to control panel>sound>configure. this way you can find out if its your sound card (or motherboard audio) is the culprit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back