Free to good home, 1 pair Grado RS1, apply within!
Oct 5, 2006 at 1:13 AM Post #496 of 516
Whoaz! Who knew roadtonowhere was going to pay it forward like that? Maybe it'll become a head-fi exclusive trend: pass on the blessing. That's some leet stuff. Congrats, roadtonowhere. Apparently your road does go somewhere, RS-1 EargasmLand!

Oct 5, 2006 at 1:26 AM Post #497 of 516
I guess I should have entered
tongue.gif

A very generous thing Afrikane.

Oct 5, 2006 at 5:44 AM Post #500 of 516
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08
I just threw my RS1 smile in just for kicks to be perfectly honest. I was not really expecting anything.

I come home today after my credential classes to find a PM from Afrikane telling me to get in touch ASAP. As proof that I did not really plan on winning, I sent a PM saying "Consider me in touch, but I have no idea what you are talking about." Immediately, I PMed the link to this thread. My heart literally jumped, as I immediately knew what everything was about.

Let me tell you, I am so unbelieveably grateful for Afrikane's unbelieveable generosity. I would have never been able to afford these anyway, as my wife would kill me BIG time. This is still processing in my brain. I really cannot believe that I won. This is so cool, I cannot believe it.

Afrikane, I am so very appreciative of your incredible generosity and kindness. It is people like you (and the rest of you guys on this forum who are so very fun to chat with) who make this place better than any forum I have ever been to.

As a token of my appreciation, and the fact that I now have one extra headphone, as soon as I recieve Afrikane's very generous gift, I will do the same with my DT700's as Afrikane did.

I am still in shock!!! Thank you so very much Afrikane. I will not forget it.

Cougratulations, fellow grado woodhead brother
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif
Just Awesome that they went to an Ozzy-rocker!!!

roadtonowhere... pls do me a favor (OK you don't really have to, just humor me
tongue.gif
). Can I request your first tune on them be "Suicide Solution" off tribute? The RS1 will make your knees buckle... I know mine did the first time I heard Randy on these things.

Congrats
rs1smile.gif

Afrikane, thanks for your generosity and restoring the warmth and friendship in this great forum... with all the negative Grado discussions lately (HF1, Price fixing...etc...) this is like a breath of fresh air.

Oct 5, 2006 at 5:56 AM Post #501 of 516
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Afrikane, thanks for your generosity and restoring the warmth and friendship in this great forum... with all the negative Grado discussions lately (HF1, Price fixing...etc...) this is like a breath of fresh air.

x2

This is what I love about this place.. the sense of community and warmth

Oct 5, 2006 at 1:55 PM Post #505 of 516
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08

Afrikane, I am so very appreciative of your incredible generosity and kindness. It is people like you (and the rest of you guys on this forum who are so very fun to chat with) who make this place better than any forum I have ever been to.

HAAAA....shut up he wont give you his RA-1....
biggrin.gif

Amicalement

PS
[size=x-small]Congrats !!![/size]

Oct 5, 2006 at 6:58 PM Post #506 of 516
Quote:

Originally Posted by mysticaldodo
Congrats tot he winner
rs1smile.gif

Just found out about this thread today.

Haha! For some reason, I'm almost as excited as the guy who won this draw!

Oct 6, 2006 at 3:10 PM Post #508 of 516
rs1smile.gif

Oct 6, 2006 at 10:48 PM Post #509 of 516
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
roadtonowhere... pls do me a favor (OK you don't really have to, just humor me
tongue.gif
). Can I request your first tune on them be "Suicide Solution" off tribute? The RS1 will make your knees buckle... I know mine did the first time I heard Randy on these things.

Hey, I must have missed this post. Of course I will begin my RS-1 journey with a little Ozzy (and if you think that song will blow me away, so be it, I'll start with that one, maybe after that a little Diary of a Madman
evil_smiley.gif
). After all, he is the one who started my music obsession so this would be very fitting. One song that I am DYING to hear on them is "Solitude" by Swallow the Sun. The Guitars are HEAVY!!!

One last thing: thank you to all of you and your kind words. This was a definite surprise. Now begins the wait...
rs1smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back