Free power cord (too good to be true)?
Oct 21, 2007 at 1:20 PM Post #46 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ichinichi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But they're not open today?
confused.gif

When I dialed the toll freee number it was answered. The person took my contact information although I had already entered it. I look forward to this!

Oct 21, 2007 at 1:43 PM Post #47 of 433
I registered yesterday morning. In the words of Michael Scott: the early worm gets... the worm.

Oct 21, 2007 at 1:58 PM Post #48 of 433
Virtual Dynamics makes some of the best cables around, their interconnects are outstanding, too. This is a fantastic opportunity to get a great cord for nada.

The original Power 3 was the first aftermarket cord I bought years and years ago (since upgraded numerous times obviously). Back then when VD was just starting out, they had a special intro offer for the cord for $75; at the time, one of the least expensive aftermarket cords. Skeptical, but curious enough to try it for $75, I bit, I mean why not? Now look!
3000smile.gif

24 cords later
icon10.gif
, I keep coming back to the better VD cables. I've got a Nite 3.0 power cord on my source, and the Master 3.0 interconnects.

I would think if a skeptic were to want to test a power cord, the Power 3 is a about as good a way to do it in a moderately priced cord. But be advised, they are extremely stiff and heavy, and may levitate some light-weight components off the rack. You also need at least an extra foot over a normal cord to get it to bend to fit into your space. You'll also need enough room between your component and the wall to achieve a 90 degre bend.

Oct 21, 2007 at 4:11 PM Post #49 of 433
I doubt that many of you guys will keep the cable....because most of you guys will climb up the latter through their tradeup program!
tongue.gif

I would have loved the offers too, but I got these....

1.jpg

Look how enormous they are....makes the Valhallas sing like a little girl.

Never looked back since.
wink.gif

2.jpg

Oct 21, 2007 at 6:15 PM Post #50 of 433
Wouldn't it just be easier to steal a power lead from your mum's kettle?

Oct 21, 2007 at 6:39 PM Post #51 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think anyone has to "know" you to read what your opinion of this is and to refuse to do any business with you in the future. I feel exactly the same way.

X3, it's a window into your character nick20, and you probably didn't even realize you opened the blinds.

I'm pretty sure I registered in time (before post #23), and will most certainly review the item here on Head-Fi.

Oct 21, 2007 at 7:05 PM Post #53 of 433
Wow... this company sells a $49,509 speaker cable (Not including tax)! That cable better make my speakers, which cost 1/200th the price, pretty darn good! (I think i'd rather buy a beamer though...)

didwlgh... is that how much you paid for the cable in the picture? In Canadian dollars?

Oct 21, 2007 at 7:25 PM Post #54 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by didwlgh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I doubt that many of you guys will keep the cable....because most of you guys will climb up the latter through their tradeup program!
tongue.gif

I guess that answers the question of "what do you think their cost is for this promotion?" Pretty close to zero!

Oct 21, 2007 at 7:35 PM Post #55 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by smithy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
didwlgh... is that how much you paid for the cable in the picture? In Canadian dollars?

The funny thing is now I'd rather they used USD
600smile.gif

Oct 21, 2007 at 11:19 PM Post #57 of 433
So I was thinking about what I would actually do with these cables since if they're as stiff as Mark says there is no way I can actually use them. My current power cable goes through an "S" pattern requiring a 90 degree turn about a foot from the amp and two more 45 degree turns within about a foot and a half. The alternative would require a single 180 degree turn with a radius of about 1 foot, which sounds sketchy.

It got me thinking though, what happens when you chain power cords? For example, what happens if I just buy a cheap home depot low gauge extension cord ment for heavy machinery, and then plugged the power cord into that? It's similar to what's going on behind the walls already, would I expect the same sonic improvements?

What would happen if you daisy chain power cords together using high grade adaptors? Does one "override" another? What sort of rules would be possible to predict the final sound?

Oct 21, 2007 at 11:46 PM Post #58 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I was thinking about what I would actually do with these cables since if they're as stiff as Mark says there is no way I can actually use them. My current power cable goes through an "S" pattern requiring a 90 degree turn about a foot from the amp and two more 45 degree turns within about a foot and a half. The alternative would require a single 180 degree turn with a radius of about 1 foot, which sounds sketchy.

It got me thinking though, what happens when you chain power cords? For example, what happens if I just buy a cheap home depot low gauge extension cord ment for heavy machinery, and then plugged the power cord into that? It's similar to what's going on behind the walls already, would I expect the same sonic improvements?

What would happen if you daisy chain power cords together using high grade adaptors? Does one "override" another? What sort of rules would be possible to predict the final sound?

I have asked myself the same questions. Do not know what to tell you.
confused.gif

Oct 21, 2007 at 11:58 PM Post #59 of 433
I just registered (aka logged in).

Guess we all have to wait and see if we're in or not?
icon10.gif

Oh, we could just call their toll-free number and ask if it's still on, huh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back