Free power cord (too good to be true)?
Oct 20, 2007 at 3:58 AM Post #16 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Back on topic, this is a great offer by VD. Their products have always received great reviews and I think this could really open people up to this secluded end of the market. About the offer, how do you sign up? My 2000IVR really benefits from good power so this would be a great opportunity for me to try out the higher end power products and see if it is really worth the price upgrade from the gear I'm using now.

I refuse to answer you, even though I know the answer..

Oct 20, 2007 at 3:59 AM Post #17 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by nick20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quote:

Thank you for the heads-up though, I'll remember to never do business with you in the future.

Glad you don't OWN a business either..
blink.gif

I'm glad you don't have a conscience. And yes, I do have my own business, I have had one for the past two years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I refuse to answer you, even though I know the answer..

Yes, because it is so hard for me to email them and ask, especially seeing as how I already have an account with them. What are you like, eight years old? Anyways, I'm done talking, you're obviously not the kind of person normally found here on Head-Fi.

Oct 20, 2007 at 4:04 AM Post #18 of 433
skyline889;3370396 said:
nick20;3370386 said:
Quote:

Thank you for the heads-up though, I'll remember to never do business with you in the future.

I'm glad you don't have a conscience. And yes, I do have my own business, I have had one for the past two years.

Two young-ins clashing heads..

Interesting.. have you put it to the side, because I see you're going to college now?

I just graduated community college, 2 year technical degree in B/A. I've been running and maintaining my own auto detailing business for a year and a half now. I have co-hosted two auto-detailing seminars as well.

What do you do?

Oct 20, 2007 at 4:09 AM Post #19 of 433
Quote:

Yes, because it is so hard for me to email them and ask, especially seeing as how I already have an account with them. What are you like, eight years old? Anyways, I'm done. You're obviously not the kind of person normally found here on Head-Fi.

I already posted the answer if you wouldn't mind looking up a few posts.. I actually called them, they have a 800 number on the bottom of their website.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nope, not many Nick20's running around here.. I am the only one.
600smile.gif
A lost soul, I am.. I hope I can mesh with thousands of members, but I guess I can't. "You can't please 'em all" is what I am commonly told in my industry.. However, I try hard.. obviously we have two different view points here, and it's sad you came right out and refused business with me because we don't see "eye-to-eye". You don't even know me..
blink.gif

Oct 20, 2007 at 5:25 PM Post #24 of 433
So you just sign up where it says register and they send you a cable?

Hey these guys are only 120km (ish) from me I know where I should be buying cables from.

Also I will never sell this cable, if a time comes where I want to get rid of it I will give it away on head-fi.

Edit: I called them and like mrarroyo said they took my info and said they would make sure I had one shipped out monday, the guy who answered seemed very surprised I lived in Edmonton. When I called them they said the first 100 to register will have cables sent out Monday.

Oct 20, 2007 at 5:44 PM Post #25 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will pass and let the skeptics try this. Someone should send one to bigshot and the others!

Why not? Registered.

I wonder what the cost to manufacture these are.

Oct 20, 2007 at 6:08 PM Post #26 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by devin_mm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also I will never sell this cable, if a time comes where I want to get rid of it I will give it away on head-fi.

yes. it would be great if enough head-fiers got power cords to just keep them in circulation on head-fi, so everyone can experience them. unless the power cord (assuming i get one) is vastly superior to my current ones, which i feel are of good quality, then i plan to pass it along to another head-fier; and hopefully he (or she) will do the same.

i think it is safe to say that the first post was by someone at VD (the promotion just started yesterday), but when you are promoting the give away of products (not cheap ones i might add), i think that's okay - at least, it's fine by me.
cool.gif

go virtual dynamics!!!

Oct 20, 2007 at 6:09 PM Post #27 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder what the cost to manufacture these are.

That's what I was wondering. They're probably only losing maybe $15 a cable.
wink.gif

In any case, I signed up and will find out for myself.

Oct 20, 2007 at 7:51 PM Post #28 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I just registered and decided to call the toll free number. The service rep took down my information and said that the cable will be sent out on Monday.

Time will tell, but it is exciting!
cool.gif

Wait what, do you have to call for them to send you a cable? I registered with the site (which it looks like all you can do).

Im a cable skeptic but i would honestly review a $300 power cord if it was given to me.

Oct 20, 2007 at 7:56 PM Post #29 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by gotchaforce /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait what, do you have to call for them to send you a cable? I registered with the site (which it looks like all you can do).

You do not I just called to confirm.

Oct 20, 2007 at 8:02 PM Post #30 of 433
Alright good because i didnt want to call and sound like an ass.

"HEY uhh yeah was not trying to sound incredibly greedy or anything but im calling to get my FREE cable...calling doesnt help??... well.. bye then"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back