Free power cord (too good to be true)?
Oct 31, 2007 at 5:28 AM Post #182 of 433
Apparently those who believe in power cables are a part of some tightly-knit group with beliefs founded on no scientific fact (in a hobby where science is key) who think that those with very justifiable skepticism are "non-believers".

Someone please graph the exact output of a basic setup first with standard high quality power cord and one of these so-called "audiophile" cords. If the outputs match perfectly, then the debate is over, it doesn't get any more definitive than that. If an audiophile cable performs "differently" then you may have something. I'll be willing to accept it (and probably buy some cables myself) if this happens.

Oct 31, 2007 at 8:40 AM Post #183 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Someone please graph the exact output of a basic setup first with standard high quality power cord and one of these so-called "audiophile" cords. If the outputs match perfectly, then the debate is over, it doesn't get any more definitive than that. If an audiophile cable performs "differently" then you may have something. I'll be willing to accept it (and probably buy some cables myself) if this happens.

Is this the kind of thing you're looking for?

graphCompare.php

I don't know either way about the cable debate, but one thing is for sure - we don't know what or how to measure 'sound quality'. As much as I hate this fact (myself an engineer), it seems that calls for graphs and measurements will be more or less useless until we find that meaningful 'thing' to measure. Until then, we'll all just need to think like biologists and treat this science empirically.

*as for the above graph, I think we can pretty much agree that the RS1 is a much better headphone than the PX100, but you'll have the devil's job deducing that just from measurements alone.

Oct 31, 2007 at 12:49 PM Post #184 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(in a hobby where science is key)

That's the funniest statement I've heard in a while! Wow! What an approach to take to audio.
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2deadeyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I should be getting mine tomorrow & snap a few pics.

Wow! That's quick. Mine has an estimated delivery date of Nov. 6th.

Oct 31, 2007 at 1:36 PM Post #185 of 433
Mine is waiting for me at the post office, too bad I won't be able to get it until Tuesday.

Oct 31, 2007 at 1:47 PM Post #186 of 433
I'm not even a huge power cord believer, but I know that these discussions have their time and place. This thread is about a free power cord that some head-fi'ers will soon be getting. I don't see why every thread that mentions power cords [or cables of any kind] has to turn into a stupid argument.
rolleyes.gif

This is why I am suggesting that people ignore you. I have nothing against you personally.
wink.gif

Oct 31, 2007 at 2:19 PM Post #187 of 433
Thanks! I will try it out on my external DAC (Stello DA100). I assume that this will make more of an impact than using it on my transport (Rotel RCD-961) even though, technically, everything starts with the transport. I guess I might as well just try it out on each component since it won't cost any more.... just time.
600smile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by markl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In general, I would say, put your best power cord on your source/DAC, as it all flows downhill.
wink.gif

But it's also possible that a particular cord has more synergy with a downstream component and can have a better impact there.

Oct 31, 2007 at 3:26 PM Post #189 of 433
I am using Gmail.

Oct 31, 2007 at 5:05 PM Post #193 of 433
For me it is about enjoying the music. The gear just helps that be more pleasurable. I notice you are building an Opus DAC and a MMM amp. Don't you know that all sources and amplifiers sound the same? There have been lots of 'scientific studies' that show this.
confused.gif
biggrin.gif

Oct 31, 2007 at 6:19 PM Post #194 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's the funniest statement I've heard in a while! Wow! What an approach to take to audio.
rolleyes.gif

I am not talking about music, I am talking about what hi-fi audio is about, its about using science to get the best sound quality. Do you think companies just guess how they are going to build a CD player?

Oct 31, 2007 at 6:44 PM Post #195 of 433
to be true, what ever, I don't care for the cable debate any more.

but anyway, anyone using hotmail and got a congrat mail?
because mine is on highest security setting. (too much spanish spam

or.. can someone please give me the address where the congrat e-mail was sent from. so I can add it in my safe list.
not sure if I will win, but ... just to make sure it hasn't been block..been safe can't hurt you know XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back