Free 88/24 music download from Benchmark, makers of the DAC1!!
Dec 6, 2010 at 10:45 AM Post #106 of 140

Quote:
Quote:
would resampling downgrade the quality of the audio? my dac supports 24/96 output but it wouldn't work out of the box unless i use the resampler dsp, any idea why? i'm using wasapi, could that be the issue?

Resampling has negligible effects on sound quality in that scenario (res. to a higher sampling rate) and you don't really have a choice.
Your dac may support 24/96, but not 24/88.2 which is why it's complaining. DirectSound wouldn't complain because it just resamples automatically (to whatever is configured as playback format in Windows, the default is 24/48, iirc).

Resampling may have harmful effects on the sound quality, depending on the implementation of the resampling algorithm.  We've seen some pretty lousy resampling implementations that can add TONS of strange artifacts and spurious tones into the audio.

Just givin you a heads up!

Best,
Elias

Dec 6, 2010 at 11:15 AM Post #107 of 140
Quote:
Resampling may have harmful effects on the sound quality, depending on the implementation of the resampling algorithm.  We've seen some pretty lousy resampling implementations that can add TONS of strange artifacts and spurious tones into the audio.

Best,
Elias

I know, I was referring to fb2k's resampler which is not lousy.

Dec 6, 2010 at 6:14 PM Post #108 of 140

Quote:
Quote:

Best,
Elias

I know, I was referring to fb2k's resampler which is not lousy.

Oh, ok...

Dec 6, 2010 at 6:27 PM Post #109 of 140
And there are other great options besides the built-in one, like SoX (available as fb2k plugin on hydrogenaudio forums).

Dec 7, 2010 at 2:22 AM Post #110 of 140
Just caught this... THANK YOU BENCHMARK!!! Great tunes, fun the see how the songs come together, and then of course, the whole high rez part...
atsmile.gif

Dec 7, 2010 at 5:28 AM Post #112 of 140
I think, personally, that Benchmark were thinking too short-term with this. Putting up some tracks isn't going to instantly translate to gear sales. I believe if they thought more long-term and established a reputation with a few good albums of recordings (maybe even one would get the ball rolling) then they'd attract a lot of interest. They might even sell the completed album as an audiophile download ala Chesky and others do.

Dec 7, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #113 of 140

Quote:
I think, personally, that Benchmark were thinking too short-term with this. Putting up some tracks isn't going to instantly translate to gear sales. I believe if they thought more long-term and established a reputation with a few good albums of recordings (maybe even one would get the ball rolling) then they'd attract a lot of interest. They might even sell the completed album as an audiophile download ala Chesky and others do.

I so agree with what you just said!

Dec 8, 2010 at 11:03 AM Post #114 of 140
Quote:

[edited by author]

Thanks for these ideas...we'd love to hear any/all ideas you have for us! 

When we were developing this project, we had some ideas very similar to what you wrote above, but after talking through all the various plans of attack that we conceived - as well as the logistics involved with each - we decided that the scope and direction that we settled on is the best for everyone involved.

Thanks again...
-Elias

Dec 19, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #116 of 140
Didn't even know about it! Unfortunately I have no decent computer source at the moment, I'll have to wait until I get back to college (or burn a cd) to test it out.

Dec 22, 2010 at 11:34 PM Post #119 of 140

Quote:
Really like the idea behind this.  In terms of how the video was edited I would recommend watching some of Ryan Leslie's Making videos.  Like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd4h8xSKpCg.  If you cut out most of the "oh this is gonna be so hard to do" parts and just showed more of the creative process it would be more enjoyable to watch.  I did really like the end product. Thanks.

MDR 7506 FTW. (My first decent headphone)
BTW Very catchy tune.

Dec 23, 2010 at 2:49 AM Post #120 of 140
Lovely work here, thanks so much.  Beautifully musical and immersive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back