Free 88/24 music download from Benchmark, makers of the DAC1!!
Dec 1, 2010 at 5:25 AM Post #93 of 140
Quote:
What settings need to be changed for PC playback of the high resolution version? I have the Asus Essence ST, foobar2k wasapi.

Foobar2k supports AIFF out-of-the-box.

Go to preferences - shell integration - manage file types and check .aif and .aiff.

Dec 1, 2010 at 8:14 AM Post #94 of 140
This is incredible! I am glad this was on the head-fi 'featured content' this morning so I could stumble upon it. Bravo for such a refreshing experiment in musical/aural awesomeness. I am sending the link to all of my music loving friends not on head-fi!

Dec 1, 2010 at 1:41 PM Post #95 of 140

Quote:
Quote:
What settings need to be changed for PC playback of the high resolution version? I have the Asus Essence ST, foobar2k wasapi.

Foobar2k supports AIFF out-of-the-box.

Go to preferences - shell integration - manage file types and check .aif and .aiff.

I'm getting this error,

Unrecoverable playback error: Unsupported stream format: 88200 Hz / 16-bit / 2 channels

I'm not sure what the sample rate in my drivers and in windows should be for bit-perfect playback (I'm slow)

Dec 1, 2010 at 4:15 PM Post #96 of 140
Quote:
I'm getting this error,

Unrecoverable playback error: Unsupported stream format: 88200 Hz / 16-bit / 2 channels

I'm not sure what the sample rate in my drivers and in windows should be for bit-perfect playback (I'm slow)

Oh well, that's obvious. The sampling rate 88.2 kHz is not supported by your soundcard/WASAPI. 

A simple workaround: add the resampler to the DSP manager (e.g. resample to 96 kHz).

Btw, the hi-res file is useless if your soundcard doesn't support 24 bits per sample or if you set the output format to 16 bits only in fb2k.

Dec 2, 2010 at 9:31 AM Post #99 of 140
Thank you all sooooo much for your support and encouragement.

As I mentioned before, we have one more episode yet to be released.  Episode #4 will be released next week.  Please sign up on the www.MastersFromTheirDay.com email list to receive notification when the new episode is released.

If this last episode does well enough, I'm hoping that we'll be able to make at least another one.  Here's hoping...

Thanks again, friends...it really means a lot.

Best,
-e

Dec 2, 2010 at 8:47 PM Post #100 of 140
Very catchy songs.  I love the sound quality and recording feel-sounds really live.  
But I'm having problems downloading the first song.  

Dec 5, 2010 at 1:06 AM Post #101 of 140
'In the Water' is just amazing! It sounds so...alive.

Here is where the recording really supports the style of music, it reminds me of Meaghan Smith's The Cricket's Quartet.

Dec 5, 2010 at 1:06 AM Post #102 of 140

would resampling downgrade the quality of the audio? my dac supports 24/96 output but it wouldn't work out of the box unless i use the resampler dsp, any idea why? i'm using wasapi, could that be the issue?
Quote:
Quote:
I'm getting this error,

Oh well, that's obvious. The sampling rate 88.2 kHz is not supported by your soundcard/WASAPI. 

A simple workaround: add the resampler to the DSP manager (e.g. resample to 96 kHz).

Btw, the hi-res file is useless if your soundcard doesn't support 24 bits per sample or if you set the output format to 16 bits only in fb2k.

Dec 5, 2010 at 5:38 AM Post #103 of 140
Quote:
would resampling downgrade the quality of the audio? my dac supports 24/96 output but it wouldn't work out of the box unless i use the resampler dsp, any idea why? i'm using wasapi, could that be the issue?

Resampling has negligible effects on sound quality in that scenario (res. to a higher sampling rate) and you don't really have a choice.
Your dac may support 24/96, but not 24/88.2 which is why it's complaining. DirectSound wouldn't complain because it just resamples automatically (to whatever is configured as playback format in Windows, the default is 24/48, iirc).

Dec 5, 2010 at 6:55 AM Post #104 of 140
Thanks for the heads up :). I woulda thought it supports bitrates up to 96khz lol, not just 96khz, 44.1 works fine.

Quote:
Quote:

Resampling has negligible effects on sound quality in that scenario (res. to a higher sampling rate) and you don't really have a choice.
Your dac may support 24/96, but not 24/88.2 which is why it's complaining. DirectSound wouldn't complain because it just resamples automatically (to whatever is configured as playback format in Windows, the default is 24/48, iirc).

Dec 6, 2010 at 9:50 AM Post #105 of 140

Quote:
Thank you all sooooo much for your support and encouragement.

As I mentioned before, we have one more episode yet to be released.  Episode #4 will be released next week.  Please sign up on the www.MastersFromTheirDay.com email list to receive notification when the new episode is released.

If this last episode does well enough, I'm hoping that we'll be able to make at least another one.  Here's hoping...

Thanks again, friends...it really means a lot.

Best,
-e

It really kills me that this has not gotten the community support that it so deserves. I selfishly wanted this to continue on forever. Maybe if everyone spreads the word we can get a number 5 and then numbers six.

Please guys post these links on every site you visit. Lets get some support behind this effort! Have everybody you know sign up for future updates. It is the only way we can save this awesome project.

Respect

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back