Free 88/24 music download from Benchmark, makers of the DAC1!!
Nov 29, 2010 at 2:01 AM Post #76 of 140

Quote:
Sorry to be a bother, but how do I download the tracks? I've clicked the links, but I get redirected to a webpage with quicktime playback box...can I get these on my hard drive?

DB

Try right clicking the download box and hit save as.

Nov 29, 2010 at 2:32 AM Post #77 of 140
Sorry to be a bother, but how do I download the tracks? I've clicked the links, but I get redirected to a webpage with quicktime playback box...can I get these on my hard drive?

DB

when you get to that page go up to the toolbar of your browser and click on file, then save page as. You will get a download box pop up and you can then save the track to your hard drive

Nov 29, 2010 at 4:36 AM Post #79 of 140
I do hope this project will be able to be resumed. I've downloaded all three high quality tracks and it's a true revelation to hear well-recorded music. It makes me want to shake my fists at all the hideous mastering jobs out there--why couldn't it all sound like this?!

That said, I think the mixing on the third track is a bit of a mess. The vocals are buried, and the overall effect seems kind of dull and muddled. A wall of sound that lacks the interesting separation and detail of the other two tracks. I also hear what sounds like distortion, and not just from the guitars. A very catchy tune, though.

All three are utterly non fatiguing on a pair of DT880, which are known to spit in the general direction of most modern (overly-trebly) rock and pop mixes. "In the Water" is my favorite. I'm listening to it right now, and there's just something about it that's captivating. There's so much going on, and I've never experienced such transparency. I've found my new gear-testing track, it seems.

It's a shame there won't be anymore of these. It's weird that it got promoted to the front page, given this.

Nov 29, 2010 at 12:00 PM Post #80 of 140
Great Sound! Great Music!

This is a very good project.
L3000.gif

Thanks,

Nov 29, 2010 at 2:41 PM Post #82 of 140
Codec, what for? Most players support it out of the box.

Nov 29, 2010 at 4:29 PM Post #85 of 140
Thanks for all the interest in our project! 

...and thanks for the feedback, even if its honestly negative.  As we all know, music is very subjective, but I don't think that means it should limit any discussion of it.

We will be releasing the 4th episode very soon (within the next couple days), so if you'd like to receive an announcement, please subscribe to this thread, subscribe to the email list on www.MastersFromTheirDay.com, subscribe to Benchmark's email at www.BenchmarkMedia.com, and/or subscribe to our YouTube page.

The 4th episode is produced, mixed, and engineered by a phenomenal and very accomplished producer.  The track sounds AMAZING!!  ...and the video is a lot of fun.  I'm really excited!

Thanks again!

ps. if you'd like to see this project continue, please help us spread the word by emailing the website and/or YouTube videos to friends and family, posting it on your Facebook / Twitter / Blog / etc, putting the link in your forum signature, etc.  Everything is free, so go ahead and give it away!!

Nov 29, 2010 at 8:12 PM Post #87 of 140
Yeah, honesty i have tought about that but i have heard it can be buggy with windows. so i downloaded J.River media jukebox but it does not play there either so its probably hardware problem i think. thanks for the suggestion BTW.

Edit: Rockboxed Ipod did the trick. Very nice and detalied. sweet... Thanks very much.

Edit2: Ladies and Gentlemen this thing clocks in at wopping 4233kbps so be aware of the computer audio speed police
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Quote:
Anyone know where i can get a codec that plays this?

Just download itunes
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 30, 2010 at 2:59 AM Post #88 of 140
Got it, thanks all--sorry to be that guy...O.o   :-$

Quote:
Quote:

DB

when you get to that page go up to the toolbar of your browser and click on file, then save page as. You will get a download box pop up and you can then save the track to your hard drive

Nov 30, 2010 at 2:34 PM Post #89 of 140
This is a fantastic series.  I'm sorry I only discovered this thread yesterday.  I haven't been on Head-Fi much in the past 6 months or so and then I only go to a couple of forums. That's what I get for not being around.

I immediately posted the link on my Facebook account.  I'd love for this to continue.  I'll be posting links on my many Twitter accounts now.

So how can I get a shot at recording a song?  I was in a band for about 10 years and we recorded a good deal of original material.  I'd love to have the chance to put the band back together for one day and record one of our favorites (and I'm only half joking
wink.gif
).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back