FREE $875 Emmeline HR2 Headphone Amp
Nov 12, 2009 at 11:29 PM Post #16 of 105
The pending reviews were approved so they should be showing now.

You may "try" to edit them now
smily_headphones1.gif
at the ADMIN page of your "MY ACCOUNT". Not really sure if you can or not, but if you can and edit that, all I will need to do is approve it again.

Nov 13, 2009 at 1:49 AM Post #17 of 105
I tried to post a review, and it took me to this page:
http://myaccount.earphonesolutions.com/mod_productReviews/services/doProductReview.php
and nothing showed up (blank page).

Did my review go through?

Nov 13, 2009 at 2:19 AM Post #18 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried to post a review, and it took me to this page:
http://myaccount.earphonesolutions.c...ductReview.php
and nothing showed up (blank page).

Did my review go through?

Which product was the review for?

I don't think it went through... Let me know please and I apologize for the glitch. I have our IT guy on it.

Nov 13, 2009 at 2:41 AM Post #20 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flavio T /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which product was the review for?

I don't think it went through... Let me know please and I apologize for the glitch. I have our IT guy on it.

Now I am a little confused.
I didn't realize you had two different websites, and each one needed a new account setup (the earphone one, and the headphone one).

I tried posting a review on the earphone site, for the px100. Strangely there were no reviews. I just looked at the headphone site, and there are 2 reviews for the px100.

I tried posting a new review for the px100 just now on the headphone site, and it is giving me the error message:
Please remove the HTML from your review.
But there is no HTML in my review......

Quoted below is what I tried to post:
Quote:

These are my impressions regarding the Sennheiser PX100 headphones. My listening has been done using a Mhdt labs Paradisea+ with WE396a and WooAudio WA6 with 274B. I also mention times when I used them with an ipod nano. The PX100 are selling for around 38$us. I have both the white version and the black version. I have had them for a few years now.

Sound quality:
The first thing that must be said concerns the bass. These present a wide range of bass depending on what you are listening to. It seems as if the bass doesn’t roll off. On some songs it sounds perfectly in tune with the rest of the music. Feed them some really bass heavy music and these things will blow you head apart. I find at times the bass can become overemphasized. The bass characteristic is not a tight/dry sound, but rather a very full bodied sound with plenty of weight. Listening to some nice John Tesh music sounds very lush sounding, much like my HD650. Switch over to some DDR (techno) music, and it is like a completely different headphone. Some people will eat up all this bass; it will suite their needs perfectly! Others who want a more balanced sound will be unhappy with bass heavy music. I would liken these to the Sennheiser HD25-1 II headphone, with the HD25-1 II being a more detailed closed headphone. Apart from this though they sound very similar!

I used the PX100 with an ipod nano which was a good combination because my nano was rather bright sounding. This combination ended up sounding more neutral than with my Koss KSC75 which sounded bright in comparison (see my impressions regarding the KSC75 for more information).

The mids have a nice lush sound that I am very fond of. Much like my HD650 headphones. Vocals sound full bodied and natural while never sibilant. A perfect match for my bright ipod nano or ipod shuffle.

Highs are rolled off and never bother me. As such though, these headphones lack high frequency detail.

If you are able to EQ down the bass frequencies, you are left with a smooth sounding headphone which reminds me of my HD650.

For an open on-ear headphone of this design, they present a fair amount of depth to the soundstage. I also get a little vertical separation in the soundstage which is phenomenal for 30$ headphones. Also for their design they have a fair amount of detail with all things considered.

Build quality:
They are mostly thin plastic and metal. Despite this, they feel quite sturdy. The cable is of moderate length which is nice for a portable headphone. The cable is rather thin and never bothers me. Cable microphonics are not a problem. These headphones can fold up into a somewhat compact form. Back when I used them as my portable headphones I could just fold them up and slip them in my pocket.

Comfort:
I am usually very put off by on-the-ear headphones, but these are a pleasant exception. I get no discomfort from using these for extended periods. I find the ear pads to be soft enough to not bother me. The ear pads never get hot. I have hair so the headband is never a problem. The headphones have dual entry cables that I find unobtrusive. They stay put on my head quite nice and never move around when I move my head. They also do not have a lot of clamping force.

Misc:
I never had a problem driving them out of my ipod nano without amplification. Out of my WA6 they do not require a lot of volume. I do not find these improve much with amplification or better sources. As such, they are rather forgiving of poor sources.

I have both a white version and a black version. Truth be told, I think the black version is less flashy and better for those self-conscious people. They sound the same. The white ear pads have discolored over time to a pale yellow. The black ear pads are still black.

They come with a clear plastic case, but I never used it because it was big.

Conclusions:
These have a very similar sound signature to the much more expensive Sennheiser HD25-1 II. They have massive amounts of bass, a candy sweet mid range, and rolled off highs. They have a fair amount of detail and soundstage, especially considering their design.

I find them comfortable and suitable for an open portable headphone. These were my budget headphones of choice for my portable setup until I switched over to IEMs.

I would recommend these to anyone who considers themselves a ‘basshead’ and is looking for a budget headphone. I would also recommend these to people who have an overly bright source, which my ipod nano and ipod shuffle were. If you are able to EQ the bass down you can get a very smooth sounding headphone reminiscent of the HD650 for around 30$us.

I hope this was helpful,
~Drew

I don't see what the software is mistaking for html...

~Thanks

Nov 13, 2009 at 9:07 AM Post #21 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kpalsm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't see an option to edit the review, not in "My Account" or on the page for the review on the headphone itself. I also wanted to add a couple more details. Looks like I'm out of luck
frown.gif

x2. All colons were removed by the system and as such one sentence no longer makes sense. I cant find where to edit it.

Was thinking of posting some pics too.

Nov 13, 2009 at 6:29 PM Post #22 of 105
The IT guy told us the system blocks "/" but he removed the filter so it should work now.

If not, I am very sorry for the trouble.

Towert7 we will make sure you review gets entered one way or another.

The contest is for HEADPHONE SOLUTIONS website only.

Please retry posting your review by the end of today and please drop me a post here if it's still not working for you and I will try closely with our IT person once more.

Nov 14, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #23 of 105
Cool. I'm away from my computer for a few days, but when I get back I'll try again.
Thanks,
~Drew

Nov 14, 2009 at 5:43 AM Post #24 of 105
Also, if you have the time, see if you can get your IT guy to put in an edit function, or even just a way to add pictures after its been submitted.

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 18, 2009 at 12:10 AM Post #27 of 105
Great. I just tried to post the review and it went through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back