Frankenstien iMod with BIG Balls - V-Caps Franken ShuttlePod is HERE!!!
Aug 25, 2007 at 3:28 AM Post #31 of 145
JAJAJAJA. 5.0/5.5G and Upgradeable Caps FTW!

Aug 25, 2007 at 4:03 AM Post #32 of 145
Good job man. I look forward to hearing it if you should hold another small get-together to face-off the DAC1 in Malaysia.

Note that I will be leaving the country this 23rd September.

Cheers.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 25, 2007 at 6:33 PM Post #40 of 145
LOL! FrankenPod or ShuttlePod, both sounds good. But MrArroyo came first with the ShuttlePod moniker so I guess I'll go with that. Whatever it is, a second beta unit is undergoing development now - I am sourcing out for a box/exclosure to make them look a little more "civilised" with proper jacks.

Because as a few already mentioned earlier, I doubt the Airport dudes will allow me to pass through with my current rig
biggrin.gif

Aug 26, 2007 at 12:27 AM Post #43 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by fierce_freak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's flippin' sweet. Is the change in sound brought on more by the change to a better cap or due to more capacitance?

It's hard to tell because I am not an expert on caps - I only know how to mod
biggrin.gif
- that's me, whenever in doubt I'll just experiment first and then ask later LOL!

But from my experiments, it does seems that certain value and material of the caps will drastically "condition" the sound - for better or worse based on the listener's judegement.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SONGsanmanwah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You bombmaker you!

ssshhhhh.... I don't wana get into trouble with CIA LOL!

Aug 26, 2007 at 1:47 AM Post #44 of 145
Yes, when it comes to capacitors, bigger is better. I have some in my portable rig that dwarf EFN's -- they are 150,000 uF and the size of soda cans. They are a bit awkward to tote around but they sound AWESOME. I am trying to hunt down some even bigger ones. I have a line on some that were used in the Soviet space program in the 60s. They are 750,000 uF and each one is the size of a fire hydrant. They should sound AMAZING.

Aug 26, 2007 at 2:03 AM Post #45 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by sugarinthegourd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, when it comes to capacitors, bigger is better. I have some in my portable rig that dwarf EFN's -- they are 150,000 uF and the size of soda cans. They are a bit awkward to tote around but they sound AWESOME. I am trying to hunt down some even bigger ones. I have a line on some that were used in the Soviet space program in the 60s. They are 750,000 uF and each one is the size of a fire hydrant. They should sound AMAZING.

ROFLMAO! In fact some Audiophiles do use ex Soviet Union Military caps procured off eBay - read this article on 20 Caps Shootout http://www.vhaudio.com/21capacitorshootout.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back