Frankenstien iMod with BIG Balls - V-Caps Franken ShuttlePod is HERE!!!
Aug 24, 2007 at 11:02 PM Post #17 of 145
Thanks guys, as usual. I do hope you guys enjoy the read as much as I enjoy listening to my rig
evil_smiley.gif
biggrin.gif

Oh ya, this Franken iMod is still VERY pocketable LOL! - couldn't go anywhere without em' in my pocket.

And one more thing - I forgot to add that the combo that I have right now offers pounding punches and slam much akin to Grado signature - with a little help from the adjusted impedance used in my ER-4S (Kiwame Japan resistors). My ER-4S is 81 oHm precisely as opposed to 100 oHm.

Aug 25, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #27 of 145
Very good. And no wood for approx. $400 less. You are a hero to the common man. Too bad it will probably show up on someone's site. Get busy making as many as you can before someone takes your idea. You might be suprised. I assume this will work on the standard ipod as well.
evil_smiley.gif

You want to make one for a 4g ipod, I would be honored to be a beta tester.

Aug 25, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #28 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very good. And no wood for approx. $400 less. You are a hero to the common man. Too bad it will probably show up on someone's site. Get busy making as many as you can before someone takes your idea. You might be suprised. I assume this will work on the standard ipod as well.
evil_smiley.gif

You want to make one for a 4g ipod, I would be honored to be a beta tester.

There's no secret in the making of my mods. And I do not plan to sell them commercially. Anybody with an adept hand at DIY cables should be able to make one so I would not be sursprised at all that we'll see tons of big caps dock DIY style all over Head-Fi. But I do admit that a very steady hand and patience is required. The ones you see in the pics is just a frugal beta for my upcoming "proper" M-Cap dock. I want them to be a bit more flexible for use with different amps considering I have XIN Reference coming my way and XIN Refernce is waaay different from SuperMicro-IV in terms of design (boxy)
icon10.gif

Aug 25, 2007 at 3:03 AM Post #29 of 145
EFN, that is one of the coolest cables I have ever seen. (And it's not just a cable either) Very nicely done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back