Found a service that will Convert my SACD collection to DSD
Oct 19, 2016 at 7:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

John2e

Headphoneus Supremus
I have no computer skills what so ever but he only charges $5 per disc.  For me it is worth it

Sent him Hard drive and he is loading them up

Oct 19, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #4 of 32
He can do DVD-audio as well 
beerchug.gif

Oct 25, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #6 of 32
Sounds like a great deal! Is he using a PS3 to do the ripping? I believe there's a new method but I am not familiar with it...

yes he is

He can do multi channel or Stereo as well

Quick with excellent communication ....no worries highly recommended!!!!

Nov 9, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #7 of 32
I've done about 450 on my own (using a PS3).  I think I had two fail.  It's time consuming, especially as I am unwilling to connect my PS3 to my network for fear that it will decide to update its firmware.

I've seen reports that you can now do it with several other machines, including some Oppos (one of which I have).  It looks a little more complicated, but then the PS3 process seemed bewildering at first.  And I suspect the Oppos are much better built than the PS3.

Nov 10, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #10 of 32
I bought a used PS3 on eBay just to rip SACDs ($200ish) and have been ripping ISOs for me and my friends. I was a pain to get everything set up but pretty mindless now.

We're actively purchasing SACDs still, otherwise We would have for sure used the service. Extremely reasonable fees for the work involved

Nov 10, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #11 of 32
I bought a used PS3 on eBay just to rip SACDs ($200ish) and have been ripping ISOs for me and my friends. I was a pain to get everything set up but pretty mindless now.

We're actively purchasing SACDs still, otherwise We would have for sure used the service. Extremely reasonable fees for the work involved

$200 is a good price.  I paid twice that for mine several years ago.  Although I bought it from someone who resolders the dubious connections that trigger the YLOD (Yellow Light of Death) when they fail.  I would guess the price for those PS3s has come down significantly since the alternative was discovered.  

Nov 17, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #14 of 32
  If you can point me to a program for ripping SACDs to ISOs on a PC, I'd like to take a look at it.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=129913.0 It is called ISO2DSD which converts the iso's to dsd. If you want you can also convert the sacd to raw iso, dsd, or dff. The only problem is if you only have the raw iso and you want to convert to dsd or dff you need to trick the computer into thinking its a disk by using another program to mount it as a DVD+R optical drive. 

Nov 18, 2016 at 7:09 AM Post #15 of 32
  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=129913.0 It is called ISO2DSD which converts the iso's to dsd. If you want you can also convert the sacd to raw iso, dsd, or dff. The only problem is if you only have the raw iso and you want to convert to dsd or dff you need to trick the computer into thinking its a disk by using another program to mount it as a DVD+R optical drive. 

Sorry - I misunderstood you.  I thought you meant a PC based program that actually ripped the disc from a drive to an ISO, which program, to my knowledge, doesn't exist.  (In fact, I am unaware of any computer-based SACD drive.)  ISO2DSD will extract the DSF or DFF files from the ISO.  Sonore states that it is based on SACD_extract.exe, which I already have.  The interface on ISO2DSD seems much nicer, and there may be some additional features, but SACD_extract does what I need.

Reading the thread further, it looks like ISO2DSD can integrate the PS3 rip (via the network) with the extraction.  That could be a convenience, if I got over my concern (real or paranoid
normal_smile .gif
) that if I put my PS3 on the network, one day it would decide to update its firmware, making it useless for me.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back