Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Jan 22, 2017 at 10:50 PM Post #9,601 of 12,086
In the long run I would think about keeping 2-3 headphones to cover different genres, for gaming, and for just having another sound signature.  If you already have the X2 then I would look at something like a HD-600, HD-700 or DT-1990 to get a fairly different sound signature to compliment the X2 but also consider the possibility that you will need an amp depending on the headphone you decide on next.

Yea was thinking about this exact thing mainly having an open and a closed set. I have my closed ones already, now looking for the open ones.

Jan 23, 2017 at 12:38 AM Post #9,602 of 12,086
How much sound do these actually leak? I've seen a lot of different reports. Could I wear them around town (on the bus and train etc) without annoying the people next to me? Does anybody wear them outside?

Jan 23, 2017 at 6:11 AM Post #9,603 of 12,086
Hey! Does anyone know whether the E11k (A3) is an okay amp for these? It does have nice low output impedance that should be perfect with the TH-X00.Just ordered these headphones, and the E11k is the only amp i have right now. I've heard that the Fiio products tend to "recess" soundstage, though i didn't notice much difference running my 770-s direct from the laptop and the amp.

Jan 23, 2017 at 6:43 AM Post #9,604 of 12,086
How much sound do these actually leak? I've seen a lot of different reports. Could I wear them around town (on the bus and train etc) without annoying the people next to me? Does anybody wear them outside?

Unless you listen crazy loud (100dB or so) people around you won't be able to hear. They will not block much noise from the outside though. I use them all the time to walk my dog or at the park.

Jan 23, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #9,605 of 12,086

Like @fjrabon noted they leak sound but you will need to listening at a dangerously high level to annoy those around you.  To me they leak quite a bit more inward, I can easily hear my GF talking to me with them on.

Jan 23, 2017 at 6:57 AM Post #9,606 of 12,086
  Hey! Does anyone know whether the E11k (A3) is an okay amp for these? It does have nice low output impedance that should be perfect with the TH-X00.Just ordered these headphones, and the E11k is the only amp i have right now. I've heard that the Fiio products tend to "recess" soundstage, though i didn't notice much difference running my 770-s direct from the laptop and the amp.

The TH-X00 is not really known to have a very wide sound stage to begin with so even if the E11k did compress the sound stage a little it would not be much and since you noted that with your DT-770 I don't think its something to be worried about.

Jan 23, 2017 at 8:40 AM Post #9,607 of 12,086
  Like @fjrabon noted they leak sound but you will need to listening at a dangerously high level to annoy those around you.  To me they leak quite a bit more inward, I can easily hear my GF talking to me with them on.

Exactly. I often have to point to those big dang things on my ears so family realizes that it isn't a decoration, that I'm actually listening to music. How big do they need to be for them to realize?

Jan 23, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #9,609 of 12,086
  Just bought a pair of TH-x00 from a fellow HeadFier. He has burn in for 60 hours.

Wow!!!

​good or bad wow
basshead.gif

Jan 23, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #9,611 of 12,086
Does anyone have a Fostex Th-x00 mahogany with Schiit Jotunheim? My DAC is Modi MB.
Do they pair well?
Considering to jump on the mass drop today. The thx00 have a permanently attached cable, should I wait for a e-mu teak drop instead?
My other HP are HD650 & T90. Also considering Focal Elear in the future. Possibly HD800.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back