Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Apr 13, 2016 at 7:06 PM Post #6,016 of 12,089
  Did you sell the K7XX and X2?

Oh nope, still have them. I won't have my Purplehearts until August for my (next) pairing to be complete, so I'll make up my mind whether to keep them at that time. Leaning towards keeping them all though.

I kind of think all 4 are nice reference points to compare other HP to.

Apr 13, 2016 at 8:38 PM Post #6,017 of 12,089

I kind of think all 4 are nice reference points to compare other HP to.

wink_face.gif
 couldn't agree more

Apr 15, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #6,021 of 12,089
I hope to god Massdrop doesn't use UPS. I'm in the middle of a nightmare, waiting for a truck driver after me paying $25 in "brokerage" for a $30 item didn't register on his system...

Apr 15, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #6,022 of 12,089
I hope to god Massdrop doesn't use UPS. I'm in the middle of a nightmare, waiting for a truck driver after me paying $25 in "brokerage" for a $30 item didn't register on his system...

I agree, I would walk away from anything UPS, they are just the worst of the worst with fees. Not worth it. I get the whole service thing, but the few times I had been stuck with UPS they provided no better service, in fact it was worse than good old Canada Post.

Apr 15, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #6,023 of 12,089
I know those of you from the second drop are very excited. You guys are getting some great headphones at a bargain. I know the anticipation is at an all time high (it was for me).

I do ask ahead of time, however, that people please refrain from sharing tracking updates in the thread once they start rolling out. It happened the last time (a lot), and almost derailed things by frustrating many (including myself).

Customs discussions are no problem because that is actually helpful info for others. It's the "got my tracking number" and "tracking just updated showing it's now in (fill in blank)" that turns things into a cluster, making things hard for those looking through the thread for actual helpful info about the headphones

Apr 16, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #6,027 of 12,089
I hope somebody would do a side by side comparison of the two versions soon. It looks so nice but it is too expensive for a blind buy.
I hope so as well. I believe the PH turns out to be the version that will be more appreciated due to having a more attacking signature (More bass, better highs extension, less resonance). Some people will still prefer the original due to their signature. Just my prediction.

Apr 16, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #6,028 of 12,089
So, how breathable are the eggshell protein pads?  
The same exact pads are on my TH500RP and they're relatively breathable. They're on an open set, however.

Apr 16, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #6,029 of 12,089
I hate this website, been lurking for a long time, finally decided to join and in about 45 days I've spent just a tad under $2000 on headphones and equipment. Bought the Teak's, Purplehearts and just bought K7xx off someone here and THX00's from another Headfi'er, but question...

The TH-X00's ear-pads are generally comfy BUT apparently I have large ears because they start hurting my cartilage after about an hour of use.  I'm just now starting to go through pages of reading when backers got their headphones, did anyone find a good replacement pad for those of us with dumbo ears that doesn't hurt the sound signature?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back