Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Mar 27, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #5,704 of 12,086
Hey HeadFi'ers,

Excited that I found the community and angry that I found the community :p

I joined the EM-U Teak and kept the Teak with the anticipation of grabbing the Ebony cups in addition due to their tonal response based on what Chan from EM-U said.....BUT when the Purple Hearts went up I joined immediately and got a very low number.

Question is, I listen to Progressive Rock/Metal and I'm looking for a good compliment to that, but I also listen to just about everything (17 Year drummer) from classical to Tori Amos to Folk.  

Currently I have DT-770's 250Ohm Pro's HD598 (My first baby) that I jam with.

Is the idea that the EM-U Teak's will be my Everything Else headphone and the Purpleheart's be my Progressive Metal/Rock headphones dumb?  Too much overlap?  I almost considered just buying a pair of X00's now and keeping the Teaks.  Obviously this is all subjective, just curious for those that have more years in the HiFi headphone game.

Thanks!  (back to lurking >.> )

Mar 27, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #5,705 of 12,086
Im quite sure I will prefer the mahogany version. It already has more than enough bass for my taste.

What I would be really interested in is a fostex-massdrop collaboration using the th900 driver. They could use the mahogany cups to increase the mids and smooth the treble a bit and voila they could hit the jackpot!

I saw someone order a spare set of TH900 drivers from the manufacturer. We need someone to donate their TH-X00 to science for the purpose of adding some TH900 driver implants
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 27, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #5,706 of 12,086
I saw someone order a spare set of TH900 drivers from the manufacturer. We need someone to donate their TH-X00 to science for the purpose of adding some TH900 driver implants :)

If someone pays for the drivers I can volunteer mine, but I'll be keeping it after the surgery :wink: :p

Mar 28, 2016 at 5:31 AM Post #5,710 of 12,086
Anyone who purchased the original Mahogany THX00 from Canada, can you let me know if there will be any extra charges or duties other than the conversion rate of course? thanks!

Mar 28, 2016 at 5:55 AM Post #5,711 of 12,086
It sounds like from Will's post regarding the purplehearts that only those who in for the recent TH-X00 drop can change to the purple ones? Those of us who got our TH-X00s from the first drop cannot exchange? If so, totally understandable but kind of a bummer.

Mar 28, 2016 at 5:57 AM Post #5,712 of 12,086
  It sounds like from Will's post regarding the purplehearts that only those who in for the recent TH-X00 drop can change to the purple ones? Those of us who got our TH-X00s from the first drop cannot exchange? If so, totally understandable but kind of a bummer.

Of course that's the case. You can't just send them back for an exchange, best bet is to sell them - I'm going to but not till after I get the PH version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back