Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Mar 5, 2016 at 2:18 AM Post #5,206 of 12,086
Because of the waits.

I already bought two headphones along. X2 and Pro900.

GG!

Still X00 is an another level cans i hope so! May oh May.. come faster

Mar 5, 2016 at 2:50 AM Post #5,207 of 12,086
  Because of the waits.

I already bought two headphones along. X2 and Pro900.

GG!

Still X00 is an another level cans i hope so! May oh May.. come faster

How do you find Pro900 if you compare them to X2? (With mentioning the gear and music you used.) Thanks!

Mar 5, 2016 at 3:01 AM Post #5,208 of 12,086
  How do you find Pro900 if you compare them to X2? (With mentioning the gear and music you used.) Thanks!

I received Pro900 yesterday and I still burning in it. 

First impression Pro900. TBH, SUCKS! as the time goes by, one of the cans that IMPROVE A LOT during burn in. Now it is freaking good with electronic music and I prefer it without an amp/dac, straight to the iPad/iPhone, the sound is really great! High sometimes can be harsh (not always). Bass is solid, not boomy, just perfect. Mids kinda recessed but i do make it bright by eq. Simple eq can improve it A LOT NO KIDDING. Overall, im still burning in this at least 200 hours to get the actual sound. Yes, thats the con of Pro900, freaking long burning in time.

X2? since im a basshead, this X2 is really neutral. Listening to Celine, concert, Sia is another level. "P/s: Im fan of IU, a korean singer, her songs are about perfect with X2", listen to her songs is like having her in front of you. Pretty next level huh? Hahaha.

What else u wanna know? :)

Mar 5, 2016 at 4:50 AM Post #5,209 of 12,086
I would take them over the HE-400 as the 400 has a weird treble and a really weird hole in it's mids. They are very easy to drive you won't have problems.
The HE-400 has no weird hole in her mids, this is just repeated hearsay. People look at freq. responses way way too much. You imagined that "freq. hole" because you googled the charts while listening to the can. The mids are upfront and organic, just like the HE-500. There is no recession, just that treble spike that can make or break a recording which makes these just not a musical jack of all trades. The HE-400 is one of the best headphones for movies and gaming however, much better value than the X00 in my opinion.

Mar 5, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #5,211 of 12,086
go_quote.gif

Why do people keep calling x2 neutral.

I'm pretty sure the Fidelio is called everywhere "bassy"....

Mar 5, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #5,213 of 12,086
  I received Pro900 yesterday and I still burning in it. 

First impression Pro900. TBH, SUCKS! as the time goes by, one of the cans that IMPROVE A LOT during burn in. Now it is freaking good with electronic music and I prefer it without an amp/dac, straight to the iPad/iPhone, the sound is really great! High sometimes can be harsh (not always). Bass is solid, not boomy, just perfect. Mids kinda recessed but i do make it bright by eq. Simple eq can improve it A LOT NO KIDDING. Overall, im still burning in this at least 200 hours to get the actual sound. Yes, thats the con of Pro900, freaking long burning in time.

X2? since im a basshead, this X2 is really neutral. Listening to Celine, concert, Sia is another level. "P/s: Im fan of IU, a korean singer, her songs are about perfect with X2", listen to her songs is like having her in front of you. Pretty next level huh? Hahaha.

What else u wanna know? :)

I know X2s very well, thanks. I consider them to be "bassy neutral". If such thing exists. Just perfect for me.
I owned M100, and however I loved the bass, the overall sound was too artificial and claustrophobic for me. With kind of a strange imaging. Good for a try, but not for long run.
I was wondering to try Pro900s while I am waiting for TH-X00s. But I don't need another artificial and too closed experience of sound.

Mar 5, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #5,214 of 12,086

I'm pretty sure the Fidelio is called everywhere "bassy"....

If u are from bass cans. X2 is neutral. Dt990 has more bass than X2

Mar 5, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #5,215 of 12,086
Is anyone going through their entire playlist with the TH-X00s and discovering their music all over again? I never want to take them off and I can play any genre from my playlist and not feel the least bit disappointed.

I can't do that with my HD600s because they lack subbass for the fun stuff. I actually feel like these are more capable than the HD600s are at displaying all the frequencies. I mean we're talking about a biocellulose 50MM driver versus something that was designed 15 years ago, (not that it's a bad thing) but driver technology should have progressed a fair amount since then. I am finding these to be audibly superior to the HD600, especially with modern music that has a lot of electronic bass.

That is the TH-X00 with Alpha pads not stock.

Most closed headphones usually have a major problem to my ears and it always starts with the highs. The highs on the Beyer stuff generally sounds too shrill and the mids sucked out on their closed headphones. Then we get to the T50RP mods which generally have highs that lack sparkle and extension so they end up sounding too dark compared to open headphones.

All I wanted was a closed headphone that can do it all and I feel like this one is it. My other option would be to throw down hard cash and get the Ether C (I heard it, it sounds @#%#ing great and not too dark like most closed planars)

Mar 5, 2016 at 9:13 PM Post #5,217 of 12,086
  Is anyone going through their entire playlist with the TH-X00s and discovering their music all over again? I never want to take them off and I can play any genre from my playlist and not feel the least bit disappointed.

I can't do that with my HD600s because they lack subbass for the fun stuff. I actually feel like these are more capable than the HD600s are at displaying all the frequencies. I mean we're talking about a biocellulose 50MM driver versus something that was designed 15 years ago, (not that it's a bad thing) but driver technology should have progressed a fair amount since then. I am finding these to be audibly superior to the HD600, especially with modern music that has a lot of electronic bass.

That is the TH-X00 with Alpha pads not stock.

Most closed headphones usually have a major problem to my ears and it always starts with the highs. The highs on the Beyer stuff generally sounds too shrill and the mids sucked out on their closed headphones. Then we get to the T50RP mods which generally have highs that lack sparkle and extension so they end up sounding too dark compared to open headphones.

All I wanted was a closed headphone that can do it all and I feel like this one is it. My other option would be to throw down hard cash and get the Ether C (I heard it, it sounds @#%#ing great and not too dark like most closed planars)

Regarding the first sentence in your post, I sit here with my hand in the air.

Mar 5, 2016 at 10:56 PM Post #5,219 of 12,086
Mar 6, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #5,220 of 12,086

I think you should also seriously consider the Soundmagic HP150 then. They're pretty much the best 200$ headphones around with excellent sub-bass(physical vibration as well) and attacking detailed extended highs. They seal much better than the X00's so should be a fine addition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back