Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Dec 22, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #3,301 of 12,086
  Yes pads seem to work better comfort wise then they really should. I guess there is decent depth when you finally get the ears inside. I do wish they shipped with one feet more cable but this will work quite well without extenders.

Been warming up my amplifiers Goldpoint Headphone Pro feels like it´s the only thing I should listen to. And maybe my yamaha RDS 440 receiver haven´t tried that one but it´s quite neutral. Audio GD NFB10.32SE and C-2.1 both I believe error on the side of boosting mid bass some and it don´t help these headphones whatsoever as they already have well and enough bass emphasis.

Much easier listen on the GHP. Headphones actually get a soundstage and I still get the big bass it´s just not taking to much space. Holographic Ear One should work good also. I haven´t even tried my Trafomatic Audio Head One tube amp I just can´t see that working but will see. But they are already great to listen to hopefully they get even better :)

Wait... you want the cable to be longer?!? 
eek.gif

Dec 22, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #3,303 of 12,086

Wait... you want the cable to be longer?!? 
eek.gif

Of course. A cable can only be to short never to long for home use :wink:. Just put a zip tie on it if it´s to long.

Dec 22, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #3,304 of 12,086
  Of course. A cable can only be to short never to long for home use :wink:. Just put a zip tie on it if it´s to long.

You can also braid the cable, and have a nice looking end result 
cool.gif

I took two feet off my cable by braiding:

Dec 22, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #3,305 of 12,086

You can also braid the cable, and have a nice looking end result 
cool.gif

Wow, that was some imagination right there!  But i think I will end up modding the cable/socket instead.

My Thx00 also arrived yesterday at Vancouver, 33CAD for tax, seems to be lower then the ones in Ontario. 

tongue_smile.gif

Dec 22, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #3,306 of 12,086
Wow, that was some imagination right there!  But i think I will end up modding the cable/socket instead.

My Thx00 also arrived yesterday at Vancouver, 33CAD for tax, seems to be lower then the ones in Ontario. 

Mine was 32cad. Not sure why those guys out east got hit so hard.....

Dec 22, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #3,307 of 12,086
Anyone have any suggestions on someone who could recable these in Canada? I've got 0 game for handy work and would love to avoid shipping to the states. The exchange is killer enough, let alone losing these for that long. Got some other business I could throw their way as well...

I was chatting to one of mine audiophile friend about him modding it. He used to be modding headphones etc. I don't want to sent it to the states as well, since the conversion rate sucks...

I will let you how it ends up.

Dec 22, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #3,308 of 12,086
Dec 22, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #3,310 of 12,086
Is there such clip or tool to wind a cable up onto this size? I ask because for use around the tv the long cable is great but portable it's a hassle. Maybe something similar to those iem cable winder deals.

I just use reusable Velcro cable ties, available at most stores.

Dec 22, 2015 at 7:46 PM Post #3,311 of 12,086
Even with metal blasting as loud as I would ever listen, you really can't hear anything coming out of them past 8 ft or so. Even within that the isolation is just fine that I would use these even in a office environment. A library with people right next to me would even probably be ok with low volume, but I would just avoid using them in that context to be respectful.

I like the pads too, and I have bigger ears.

Yea definitely sound leaks in a lot more than out. Combined with excellent low volume performance IMO, that's a recipe for office ideal.

Wait... you want the cable to be longer?!? :eek:

+1 :D

You can also braid the cable, and have a nice looking end result :cool:

Sexy.
Will the cable retain that memory though?

Dec 22, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #3,313 of 12,086
Loop the cable then tie? I'm looking for something that becomes more like the cable just a little thicker, similar to the brading but easier to come apart.

Yes. If you want a little thicker than the cable then you can make the loops much longer and use more Velcro cable ties.

Dec 22, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #3,314 of 12,086
Yea definitely sound leaks in a lot more than out. Combined with excellent low volume performance IMO, that's a recipe for office ideal.
+1 :D
Sexy.
Will the cable retain that memory though?

I agree that these sound really good at low volumes. They even have bass texture, impact and subbass extension that is very good at very low volume. These are a very nice headphone. The way some were talking here I figured I would just sell them. No way! These are keepers!

Dec 22, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #3,315 of 12,086
I've been loving these at my office, and their performance at lower volumes. I'm really glad people that said these would have terrible leakage were wrong.

On a side note, I've been getting a lot of compliments and interest in these at work just from the mahogany cups. I even let a non-audiophile coworker try them out the other day, and he was floored. I noticed his computer later that day and he was checking out the Fostex website :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back